I'm huge in Japan
Local time
12:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boost fault behave itself this time?

No.
On the way out the biotch had the audacity to go into reduced power this time. Did it coming out of Sioux Falls, pulling a grade and passing a pos 90's Chev S-10 Blazer. Had to pull over and clear the code.
I left the code reader plugged in, which turned out to be a good thing as the next time it was in a 2 way traffic construction zone with no shoulder to pull over on. I hit clear quick and carried on.
The way home it was fine. It seems the vanes only stick a couple times under heavy load, then after that it must break up whatever is stuck to the unison ring or the vanes and be ok.
It pulled a 4 mile 7% grade after the second event and didnt act up. Maybe because I threatened to burn it on the side of the road if it did?
Looks like I will just have to replace the turbo this winter and be done fukking around.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No.
On the way out the biotch had the audacity to go into reduced power this time. Did it coming out of Sioux Falls, pulling a grade and passing a pos 90's Chev S-10 Blazer. Had to pull over and clear the code.
I left the code reader plugged in, which turned out to be a good thing as the next time it was in a 2 way traffic construction zone with no shoulder to pull over on. I hit clear quick and carried on.
The way home it was fine. It seems the vanes only stick a couple times under heavy load, then after that it must break up whatever is stuck to the unison ring or the vanes and be ok.
It pulled a 4 mile 7% grade after the second event and didnt act up. Maybe because I threatened to burn it on the side of the road if it did?
Looks like I will just have to replace the turbo this winter and be done fukking around.
No bueno.
Could you bi-directional control it and cycle the mfer all the way open then shut a couply hundred times to wear her smooth then maybe, or cbf?

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
12:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No bueno.
Could you bi-directional control it and cycle the mfer all the way open then shut a couply hundred times to wear her smooth then maybe, or cbf?

Some say that if you always turn on the exhaust brake when you drive it it will help fully cycle the variable turbo when not under heavy load and keep it from happening.
Maybe. But, now that it started happening, my wife says it needs to be corrected before "just clearing the code" no longer works and there we sit.
Now I know how Dodge owners feel wondering when their transmission will shat all over the road.