Not So Pro 3

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
7:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would have been a promotion. I would have been guiding the future growth of the company setting the course for the next 15 years. Instead they hired someone that knows nothing about our industry but has some past history in managing multi store operations.

I won’t deny that we needed to hire someone from outside for some of what we want to do as we are too thin of a company to be able to fill everything internally but I just don’t feel good about where this is going.

I’ll meet him in three weeks but I just don’t know what to think right now.

It sure wasn’t easy hearing “You’ve been a key contributor to our success” and then told an outsider will be your boss.

I say you set the tone right off the bat by rubbing your nuts on his desk.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This sucks. Companies don’t care about their employees anymore. Fortunately DTE where i work still care about us and treat us accordingly and always promote from within the company.

Large corporations...yes.

I say you set the tone right off the bat by rubbing your nuts on his desk.

Don't forget the telephone receiver. Lol

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
8:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sounds WAY more gooder than it should. You have any part in the porting? If so, nice work!
That's a bigger POS than the big box Husky ive got thats been fed the Cajun food.
Thanks. I did all of it with some tips from Steve on that one. 46cc of raw sewage. Lol

Last edited:

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just gonna put this out, and you can do what you want with it Gary.
Got a call 5 years ago from our then president/CEO and VP of sales. They started the company in 1994, and were down-to-earth easily accesible leaders of a VERY succesfull company that I was proud to work for.
They assured me that nothing was going to change in a bad way. The only thing we would notice is that our benefits would be better, as we were now part of a bigger "family".
As of now, I feel lilke a red-headed step child in a VERY large family. So large, that they dont remember my name or anything ive done for the last 12 years.
Randomly punished(or attempted to be) for frivolous activities like going through a Podunk speed trap or a clerical error on an expense report or inspection report.
Previous management would know that these things were quote secondary to what I actually did for the company, but now I'm just a number like the rest.

I hear you. I was ready to make a commitment for another 15 years, right now it will be a series of one month extensions until I decide.

Ive gone back and forth on how I feel and really don’t understand what I’m feeling right now (other than tired, haven’t really slept all week). I consider it a win that I made it through the meeting without throwing my phone at them and walking out (had the foresight to leave my phone on my desk…)

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
8:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear you. I was ready to make a commitment for another 15 years, right now it will be a series of one month extensions until I decide.

Ive gone back and forth on how I feel and really don’t understand what I’m feeling right now (other than tired, haven’t really slept all week). I consider it a win that I made it through the meeting without throwing my phone at them and walking out (had the foresight to leave my phone on my desk…)
If *s-wordt don't work out, plenty of jobs out there.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If *s-wordt don't work out, plenty of jobs out there.

Yes, already spotted 4 I will likely throw a resume at and see what happens.

I have a couple of standing offers with a couple companies but they’d require relocation for a more immediate start date. Expansion in to my geographic region was delayed by the pandemic.

how57

It’s a city! Not a smoke!
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only issue now is a small but very vocal minority of locals who are pissed over CoVid, Black Lives Matter, tourists, on and on

This issue is statewide

The state runs on tourism and they hate tourists

The governor has flat told tourists they shouldn’t come

Ok, how you going to survive?

It’s just silly on top of stupid

Very Commiefornia in many ways

The rhetoric gets old

But yeah, the uncrowded quiet lifestyle can be very appealing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll be on Maui if February hopefully. If you need anything. Let me know. I’d be happy to throw it in my checked luggage.