Not So Pro 3

nickw

A Legend in my own mind
Local time
9:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody ever have a cat chew a brake line in half. Cost me $900+ to have a brake line replaced on a 2018 Explorer. I thought it was going to be warrantee work but they said they don't cover animal damage. It was sitting on a paved driveway and driven daily, the only animals around and under the car are cats so I guess it has to be them. I can see killing a lot of cats over $900.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody ever have a cat chew a brake line in half. Cost me $900+ to have a brake line replaced on a 2018 Explorer. I thought it was going to be warrantee work but they said they don't cover animal damage. It was sitting on a paved driveway and driven daily, the only animals around and under the car are cats so I guess it has to be them. I can see killing a lot of cats over $900.
did they show you the brake line or hose ?
i dont think a cat would chew on it or even a dog

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe squirrels, but I doubt a cat would, unless there was some road pizza stuck to it.
Had squirrels eat the wiring on dads Chebby while we were fishing once. That was fun to fix in the middle of nowhere.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe squirrels, but I doubt a cat would, unless there was some road pizza stuck to it.
Had squirrels eat the wiring on dads Chebby while we were fishing once. That was fun to fix in the middle of nowhere.
I could see a red squirrel doing that...those crazy bastards chewed through the aluminum soffit on my house. But let’s be honest, do you really need to justify killing cats?

nickw

A Legend in my own mind
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
did they show you the brake line or hose ?
i dont think a cat would chew on it or even a dog
I've got the brake line and it is definitely chewed in half. The cats are nearly always under the car. The squirrels in the yard stay in the trees, too many cats and dogs to get more than three feet from the nearest tree.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is freaking awesome. What kind of gear did you get?
I needed some new heavy rigging rope, carabiners, new face shield for my helmet, and a wire flip line.

I got a couple of jobs lined up that will be both crane and climbing with no drop zone.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got the brake line and it is definitely chewed in half. The cats are nearly always under the car. The squirrels in the yard stay in the trees, too many cats and dogs to get more than three feet from the nearest tree.

Sounds like a rat to me. Any signs of rat poop?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

My vote is on the squirrels or some type vermin thereof.