Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm thinking the hollers and valleys can hold on to snow for a long time cause of being in the shade until summer gets going good?

We get to put them on September 15th which is a month too early in my opinion

I always just buy a set of winter wheels and studded tires for each vehicle and then I can change them myself

That always pencils out in the long run because tire changeovers are from $100 to $130 depending on if you have TPS sensors, low profile, etc, and thats times twice a year so it adds up quick

Plus the wear and tear on your nice wheels because of the *a-hole part time meth head tire jockeys they hire for the changeover seasons
I'd move.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
it may stay if we got any amount of snow but we dont usually get much snow or we have warm weather where the snow melts quickly
unlike a certain masshole we learned to drive in snow on the hills where mass is pretty flat
some people do like you do have summer tires on a set of rims and then a set of winter tires on another set of rims
usually the only ones you see with studded tires are the old women in their 70s in little front wheel drive cars
If I had a front wheel drive car I'd kick my own ass

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In Wisconsin the majority seem to ride around on tires devoid of any form of tread and instead rely on the exposed steel belting and a case of Old Milwaukee light to provide the necessary traction to get from point A to point B.
No studded tires or chains allowed.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What blows my mind is the numerous places on the highway north to Fairbanks where the truckers have to stop, chain up, make the hill or section of road, pull over, chains off, rinse and repeat

Whatever they get paid, it ain't enough

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In Wisconsin the majority seem to ride around on tires devoid of any form of tread and instead rely on the exposed steel belting and a case of Old Milwaukee light to provide the necessary traction to get from point A to point B.
Also, where the expression, "hold my beer I'm going to try something" came from when slippage occurred.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There ain’t nothin wrong with cold Old Mil Light.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
7:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No studs or chains here either. We just know how to drive in it.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lol just a troll under the bridge lol
After 49 years of it work has become a 4 letter word and i was self employed.
I was offered a job today that i turned down. They handed me 100.oo cash for an hours work i did for them which i refused twice but they insisted.
I agree with Dall, i would rather interact / cause indigestion with the general population.

Grumpy old men power!!!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After 49 years of it work has become a 4 letter word and i was self employed.
I was offered a job today that i turned down. They handed me 100.oo cash for an hours work i did for them which i refused twice but they insisted.
I agree with Dall, i would rather interact / cause indigestion with the general population.

Grumpy old men power!!!
Can you give @dall their contact info?