Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
6:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got damn you fughin slackers ain't posted in hours. Hours I tell ya.

Well fugh it. I'm going to bed.

Forum has been pretty slow as of late.
I blame you Randy!
Sorry men. Took the boys to a birthday party that was at a really nice indoor pool at a hotel this afternoon. Then left them with the neighbors so the Mrs and I could head to a nearby town Fire Dept Gun Banquet which had a really good chicken dinner and of course, lots of a gun raffles... none of which I won.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You fullas order lumber by weight or lineal?
This somehow seems like @Woodpecker dildo valuation scale? 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 369893
We would use the metric system, if it made sense. Other than scientific measurements, the imperial system is far superior. For real world stuff.

Did you get the Mrs window switch sorted out? How many litres per 100 km does her car get? Lol

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You fullas order lumber by weight or lineal?
This somehow seems like @Woodpecker dildo valuation scale? 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 369893

SI is a beautifully constructed system that no American cares about or wants to use. SI units are too easy. We prefer our obtuse system of arcane measurements thank you very much.

And Celsius is a terrific scale for science but a horrible scale for humans. 0 is cold and 30 is hot!? GTFO with that crap.

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning guys.

If you really want to throw a loop into it, you guys should do some alignments. It's all measured in degrees and minutes...
I can change the settings to use imperial or metric, but I prefer using the angles in that instance.
That's because it the angle of the dangle that makes things work.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
SI is a beautifully constructed system that no American cares about or wants to use. SI units are too easy. We prefer our obtuse system of arcane measurements thank you very much.

And Celsius is a terrific scale for science but a horrible scale for humans. 0 is cold and 30 is hot!? GTFO with that crap.
You ever notice that the difference between freezing and boiling is exactly 180 degrees. So one could make a thermometer and calibrate it easily. When something is divisible by 1, 2 ,3,4,5,6,9,12,15,18,20.... You can fold something in half, thirds, quarters etc. All easily to determine. Teaspoons, tablespoons, cup, pint, etc. Everything is fractional, except the metric system. I bet even recipes in metric countries use cups.

This debate will never end, and it shouldn't, as we would be lost if we got rid of either. Both have their place.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning folks. I'm spending my day in the cold and windy town of Coshocton, Ohio watching my daughter play volleyball.

Nothing like a bunch of yelling parents and 16u girls.

The one part I don't enjoy about going to my girls sports stuff is the other parents.
Yelling, screaming, just plain being fùckheads..

Last spring I was sitting behind some 5'4" 400lb jackwad who was critiquing my oldest daughters entire softball game.
After 4 innings of him giving his expert opinion on what each kid should have done I had to move or I'd have gotten pissed. Dude couldn't have made to 1st base without a box of twinkies and a minor heart attack.

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You ever notice that the difference between freezing and boiling is exactly 180 degrees. So one could make a thermometer and calibrate it easily. When something is divisible by 1, 2 ,3,4,5,6,9,12,15,18,20.... You can fold something in half, thirds, quarters etc. All easily to determine. Teaspoons, tablespoons, cup, pint, etc. Everything is fractional, except the metric system. I bet even recipes in metric countries use cups.

This debate will never end, and it shouldn't, as we would be lost if we got rid of either. Both have their place.
To add to that, imperial units are each very good at what they do individually, but not very interoperable with each other.

SI units are extremely interoperable with each other, but not very good at what they do individually.

Pick your poison.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 12ft tape that I always have on me at work has both scales on it. I'll often use whichever scale is closer. Sometimes when I'm measuring and taking notes for a job I will have both metric and imperial units in there. I feel comfortable using both, and have a preference for neither.

Wait.... shìt, I forgot my audience. Get the fugg off my lawn and GFY.

Good Sunday morning to you. Going to try the Monroe County, KY pork steak thing on the grill today. When I make an Eastern Carolina vinegar sauce for pulled pork its always a hit, so a little butter must be better!

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Except 0c isn’t cold, it’s just the mark at which water turns to ice.