High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

No start Sno Tec blower.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Went to plow the drive at Kare's moms house. I keep my 2016 Sno Tec snow blower there in Dads little garage.
I turned on the fuel switch plugged in the electric start and gave the primer 5 pumps set the choke switch to full choke
Key in and switch to on. I added stabil and sea foam to the fuel last spring.

Hit the starter button and it just cranked and cranked No start. It was 4 above out. Turned fuel off & choke because it looked as if it was flooded and comeing out the exhaust. Cranked it some more and no offer to fire.

Went to the back of the grarage and pulled out a little blower dad had bought before he passed away. I know it has sat back there for 4 years with out any fuel in it. It is a Troy Built 5hp 4 stroke 21 inch paddle machine. I have one like it but mine is a 4.5 HP 2 stroke. Dumped a gallon of fuel in it primed it and set the choke and it fired right off then died. I had set the choke the wrong way off instead of on. Set the choke properly and primed it again fired right up and ran. I allowed it to warm up then went and cleaned the 3 inches of snow from the drive way.

When I finished I tried the sno tec again and still no start. Going to buy a new plug or two and change it out and with out primeing or chokeing and see if I can get it to fire up, hopefully tomorrow.

:D Al

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Drain the carb and get all of that bad gas out, first.
You might need to pull the jet and de-scum things.
Can you post some engine model numbers?

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tomorrow I might, I just know it is the 208 CC one.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok did some research on this blower. I found out how to change the spark plug, plug number, plug wrench size and the need for an extension to reach the plug. All handy information since I don't keep tools there and like to know what I need rather than load the whole tool box in the truck so I will have every thing I may need. Tractor front loader is handy to load that heavy thing in the truck.

I will take my turkey baster fuel remover and if I have to empty the tank and pour in new fresh fuel (I've been buying rec fuel in town for about a year and a half.) drain the carb bowl. maybe even possiable remove the bowl and the emulation tube and clean it.
Looking at the worst case thing here.

Was thinking go this afternoon when it should be warmer. Weather guy said no dice on that wind will be blowing about 20 MPH this afternoon. with rain sleet and snow.

Just told Kare I will start my MTD HF predator blower and take that incase I need to do more work on th eSno Tec like take the carb off for a bath.

Last edited:

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Snow tec is the old Tecumseh now owned by LCT. If you want to figure out the problem first check for spark. If good put in new spark plug and spray some starting fluid in carb and try to start. If fires but then dies save yourself the hassle of rebuilding the carb. You can get an AM one off ebay for about $20 part number is lct03122.
Sta bil and seafoam really don't stop the ethanol in gas from ruining carbs. The ethanol absorbs water from the air and turns to crap. It also eats up primer lines pretty quick. I have to change primer line on every snowblower I work on. If you are going to store it with fuel in it install a fuel shut off in the fuel line and close it and run the carb completely dry.

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are looking for a spark plug the LCT number is F6RTC which crosses to NGK BPR6ES. Easier to find the NGK plug.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not going to buy a carb for it. Will give this one a good bath and put back together.
Rather than pay $20.00 for a carb will put a bit more with that 20 and buy a HF predator.

Just started my MTD/ Predator combo this morning. Last ran in March 2018. turned switch to ON, set throddle to high idle set choke to on and she took 3 whole pulls to start and run.

One doesn't find YouTubes of people having to mess with predtor carbs period.

grizz55chev

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not going to buy a carb for it. Will give this one a good bath and put back together.
Rather than pay $20.00 for a carb will put a bit more with that 20 and buy a HF predator.

Just started my MTD/ Predator combo this morning. Last ran in March 2018. turned switch to ON, set throddle to high idle set choke to on and she took 3 whole pulls to start and run.

One doesn't find YouTubes of people having to mess with predtor carbs period.

More than one way to skin a cat, I guess. There’s an order I follow when working on small engines, 1. Fuel, 2. Spark, 3. Compression. Most times the fuel ( carb ) is the issue. If old fuel is left in the carb for months at a time, things like sea foam or Stabl won’t stop the ethanol from turning to crap. Pull the carb, clean all passages, empty the fuel system and rinse with fresh fuel, you’re back in business. Running a carb out of fuel when storing for long periods is the preferred method of avoiding the ethanol problem. Good luck AO!

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got after it some today. Going to bring it home to do a tear down on it.
Take my Predator powered MTD to replace it.

I put a new plug in and it started but quickly quit. Removed the float bowl and it was about half full of real fine black crap. I sprayed the emulaction tube with gum out and it started again but quickly quir again. Remove the bowl and it had more real fine black crap in it. took the hose off the carb and it would not flow fuel very well.
There is a real fine filter attched to the fitting that screws into the bottom of the tank.

I am betting that filter is clogged, Also betting that fine black crap is most likely paint.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ya I thought about that too.
Will get it home soon and if it warms UP pull the carb and pull the filter out of the tank and clean it all.

I guess ya'll never read the full first post. I have been buying rec gas non ethnol for about a year and a half.
I may have ran a tank of ethnol gas thru it when first bought but it was not stored with that stuff in it.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Drain the carb and get all of that bad gas out, first.
You might need to pull the jet and de-scum things.
Can you post some engine model numbers?
The problem with crappy water is that it sits in the bottom and gets everything nasty. The one thing about alcohol is that it will help the gas mix with the water and burn out, but nasty crud still will remain.....
On most of my equipment any more, I loosen the bottom bowl nut and let everything drip out when not in use for a while... Saves a lot of trouble. Actually on my tiller and logsplitter, the bowl nut isn't fully tight, so it slowly drips all of the time, and it drains dry after a few days of sitting.
It sounds like your unit has one of those crappy square plastic bowled carbs...
I hate those bastards.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Must be the newer chit.
I have been out of the game for several years.
Is it all just China crap now?

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He said it was a SnoTec engine. It is the old Tecumseh. Now owned by LCT liquid Combustion Technology. I have only seen them on Ariens products. I think they are made in China. All the small stuff is made in China. Last couple of Briggs engines I used to repower some stuff were made in China and the small kohler stuff is made in China too. Honestly, the honda clones are as good as Briggs anymore and since there are tons of aftermarket parts cheaper to fix. I just had an "American" brand generator in the shop. Had a honda clone and needed a coil and carb kit. Dirt cheap parts of probably same quality as what it came with. A few years back I neede a clutch for my IH 184 loboy. OEM was $300 aftermarket was $100. Both were identical and said made in India.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
**Fixed jet carburetors can be fussy when there's no air filter in front of them.
I'd go through the carb like it was going to be used as a medical device.
Once the carb is right:
I'd strongly advocate for using a fuel cutoff and running the carb dry after every use.
I've added them to all of my push mowers, tiller, etc.
Even my push mower gets the carb run dry after a yard cut.
Turn fuel valve on and then check oil etc, while fuel fills carb and it's ready to go when you crank it.

**As an example:
I've seen a number of excellent running Tecumseh powered Craftsman mowers that just wouldn't draw fuel, for cranking, IF you didn't have the filter on.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The little Husky Snow blower has a 208cc engine. I suppect it is a LCT also.

:D. Al