High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Newbie looking for help with Honda GX240 that won't run

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If the problem is truly here, then buffing out the valve stem/shank, a new head gasket, and spark plug thread repair should get you back on track.

I never bothered about the dripping carb in the videos, but you would need to figure that out too.

Also, you will need to ensure that the flywheel nut is tightened/torqued back on properly. If you have an impact wrench, just fap it back on with a sensible amount of impact action. Hard to convey this quantity over a distance.....

PDX Man

OPE Member
Local time
9:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I just looked at your post #98 could you tell us if the center of the piston has a pin hole in it from the pic it looks like it could have one but I cant tell from the pic to be sure. the center of the piston has erroison and at the bottom theres a lite tan or white dot about the size of a pin
No, there is no hole - I think that may be a camera artifact or a reflection - I don't see it when I look at the piston.

PDX Man

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is is sticking because of some interference on the valve shank where it meets the guide. Any burrs or ridges?

I think it may be a false alarm. I didn't notice there is a a rubbery cap on the guide for the intake valve. That is what was grabbing the valve stem. I took it off and now the valve moves freely.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It was a seal. I am assuming.

PDX Man

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If the problem is truly here, then buffing out the valve stem/shank, a new head gasket, and spark plug thread repair should get you back on track.

I never bothered about the dripping carb in the videos, but you would need to figure that out too.

Also, you will need to ensure that the flywheel nut is tightened/torqued back on properly. If you have an impact wrench, just fap it back on with a sensible amount of impact action. Hard to convey this quantity over a distance.....
Ok now we know that the intake valve is tight and sticking now it comes down to what you would like to do fix what you have or buy a new engine from HF.

The dripping carb is a bowl gasket issue that happened after I cleaned the carb. I didn't have a carb rebuild kit or carb gaskets.

I'm not going to try to fix it at this point. If I'm not 99% sure I know what the problem is, I don't want to spend any more money on it. Since I don't work on these engines regularly, I don't have any other use for any parts I buy or fix. If I fix the spark plug threads and can't fix the whole engine, I'll just have a head that I'll never use. I've just been following up here because I was asked to to satisfy all our curiosities on what the problem really was.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wished that you lived close by, it has peaked my interest.

bill saf

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
It has peaked my interest also. PDX I would like to thank you for taking the time on the vid's and pic's so we could try to help and sorry about your phone getting oil on it some times it happens in times like this. Have a good one it's be a pleasure sir.

Bill