new stihl 111s and 131s.......

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does it have to be Stihl? I really used to be a Stihl Fanboy until I got a Maruyama trimmer. Also, is it mainly going to be used for trimming grass or brush cutting? A bike handled trimmer can't be used as an edger and it's overall much slower to use to trim around driveways, fences and the house. But if you're going to be using as a brush cutter then the bike handles would lend itself to be better.

I have bad arthritis now and I use a shoulder strap and a Darwin's grip. It really makes using a trimmer much much easier.

If you just have to have a Stihl, I recommend staying away from a 4-Mix engine such as a FS131.
Fast forward to around to 40 seconds.
Thanks for the reply! No it doesn’t necessarily have to be Stihl. Yes it will mostly be used for brush cutting/clearing. What the heck’s is a Darwin’s Grio!!!!!!

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the reply! No it doesn’t necessarily have to be Stihl. Yes it will mostly be used for brush cutting/clearing. What the heck’s is a Darwin’s Grio!!!!!!
You're welcome. The Darwin's grip Is the thing that attaches to the shaft of your trimmer and it allows you to trim while you are standing fully straight. For me it really was a game changer since I've already had back surgery and I don't have to be stooped over while I'm trimming.
20230324_125120~2.jpg20230324_125202.jpgPicsArt_04-22-09.32.23.jpg

You can get knock-off versions of this grip on Amazon for way cheaper. They look like they were probably made in the same factory.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But if you're going to be doing a lot of brush clearing a bike handled version probably will be better for you. Since I have a Maruyama dealer here in town that's what I'm going to continue to run.