High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

New firewood fetching tool/back saver

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I also use a log arch. The little 330 Polaris magnum 4x4 is a work horse. I have literally moved many 20 cord semi loads of firewood with it. Ten cord in the shed alone.

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
9:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
We had a 330 on the ranch for years. The kids terrorized it every chance they got and I think it still runs the last I knew. It seen some pretty hard abuse. Great simple units they were.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
10:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
More pics of the modified Super Split in wagon format!!! I'm curious how you mounted the front axle and connected to the rear...

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
First, I ordered the T axle and tires from SS because I wanted it to look nice, not cobbled up. Then I ordered go-kart spindles. I had a friend/welder do the fab work.
IMG_3772.jpg IMG_4080.jpg

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Then I ordered the center steering plate, tie rod turn buckles, and tongue from Kory Farms. They build nursery wagons. The tongue is pinned for easy removal.
-I wanted to tow it, and use it with a conveyor, so the hitch needed to be on the proper end. There are also forklift tubes, a mod from two years ago that I left on. They bolt on/off.
-The original axle was unbolted, moved to the wedge end using the existing bolts for the single leg. The steer axle bolts to the beam using the original bolt pattern of the solid axle. Everything is easily changed back if desired.
IMG_4057.jpg
IMG_4075.jpg
Sorry for the thread hijack... (back saving tool?)
Edit: previous forklift mod held on with two bolts, one at each leg.
IMG_0433.jpg

Last edited:

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Back saver:
The last photo in post #48 shows rounds staged after cutting on cutting table.
Post #49, no staging table.
The splitter and conveyor run continuously while cutting. Cut one log on each table, shut the saw off and split. Eliminates lifting one time. Two cut tables is because last year, splitting with a fixed position set up, I was always splitting on the same side of the splitter. I could feel the imbalance all the way down one side of my body; neck, shoulders, arm, and knee.
Hopefully the two changes will help. The adding the additional cut table and eliminating the staging table.
After cutting/splitting a cord I get an ATV trailer load of loose bark and saw chips built up that needs cleared out, or the tables start feeling shorter in height.

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like how it is now for the most part. It has reduced labor immensely, but not the time involved in producing a cord. I think I would need a processor to do that if the splits did not need re-splitting. Built-Rite makes a Block Master, basically a log deck and cut-off saw. I have a Built-Rite conveyor I bought used, and like it.
Palletizing has worked out good. I have been doing some deliveries this week and am finding the wood has been seasoning well in the small loose thrown (off the conveyor) quantities.
Deliveries still take too long using a flatbed. Something needs to change there when money is available.

Last edited: