High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My Bota Mods, Helps me to like it.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Another Bota mod I did on a rainy Wednesday. First let me go over the ones already did to help me like the tractor.

The first mod was to make it so I could turn in the seat to watch the logs I was skidding so the tractor didn’t quit every time I turned in the seat.

The pencil box from the factory they called a tool box was a joke, Maybe a scrench would have fit in it. I removed that and the SMV sign made some brackets and installed a real tool box. I think even the color mates well. Right now there are 2 wood splitting wedges, two 15 inch crescent wrenches, a 1/2 breaker bar, 1/2 inch ratchet and assorted sockets, a small pipe wrench, about 6 pair of class II 3 point shims I made, a ball of string, and a soup can of screws left over from working on a deer blind. I also like the hooks I added to the over sized brackets. I hang Lynch pins and even the third link pin on them, is also a handy place to hand the draw bar temporary.

[/url

[url=https://postimg.cc/62vsD47M]

The saw holders are very handy and made with some scrap T1 11 I had. I really should remove them and paint or stain them.

I now carry four saws to the woods with me and I can still use the bucket because chains saws are not in it.

9Mm1xGh.jpg

Also added a quick hitch, was going to buy a cheap Harbor Freight one till I saw one that bend when the fellow got stuck in the mud. Those turn buckles I found to fasten a new 3 point equipment was a royal pain and took for ever. Yes I have to mod some of the equipment to hook them up quick. May be a back up camera will be added in the future.

jFimrHP.jpg

Next on the mod list was to swap the rear tires. Move the left one to the right wheel center and the right one to the left wheel center. Changed the stance so it is just about as wide as a REAL tractor at 66 inches. Need some fender extensions now so I don’t get pelted with mud clumps.

Round bailer belting it to expensive, Maybe I should take a trip to a machinery salvage yard.

Now the last mod I did on a rainy day this week.

I had a bunch of PCV pipe I picked up from a road side trash pile some pieces were over 8 feet long.

To start I cut one piece and made it as a trial, looked like it would work so I cut another piece drilled the bolt holes in both painted them and hot glued the bolts in them. Got them mounted and thought this is going to be nice , can carry the sledge, the 8 pound splitting maul, my home built timber jack, and my 6 pound splitting maul when I go to the woods. I ran out of the steel for the brackets so I cut down some wider stuff to make the last 4. A couple I still need to finish the paint on the holding brackets still but I mounted them to try out. I think 2 more will fit in there but I am not sure what I would carry at this point.

:D Al[/url]

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good Al.
I like the fishing rod holders for when the work is done ;).
What about the lights though, looks like the pvc will block them.
Mine are burnt out right now which isn't a big deal in the simmer, but I need to get something on there for this fall/winter.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good Al.
I like the fishing rod holders for when the work is done ;).
What about the lights though, looks like the pvc will block them.
Mine are burnt out right now which isn't a big deal in the simmer, but I need to get something on there for this fall/winter.
Theres a spot right there in the middle of the rod holders that's empty. Perfect for a single light.......

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Theres a spot right there in the middle of the rod holders that's empty. Perfect for a single light.......
I was just looking at the small led light bars at TSC, but I've heard some guys say they had problems with them flickering.
On FHC theres a guy who I should get some advice from, looks like the middle of the day in some of his pictures and vids.
The other thing I considered is making it mount higher than the lights are now, when you have a load sometimes you can't see anything if the bucket is raised much.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just looking at the small led light bars at TSC, but I've heard some guys say they had problems with them flickering.
On FHC theres a guy who I should get some advice from, looks like the middle of the day in some of his pictures and vids.
The other thing I considered is making it mount higher than the lights are now, when you have a load sometimes you can't see anything if the bucket is raised much.
Mount it on the bottom of the rops.

Unless you're one of those who fold the rops down

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a little B2650.

Here you can see the little storage box I had made that uses the existing holes to mount on. Great design, a gentleman on OrangeTractorTalks designed and made it for me.
34B2BFDB-E95F-4DC9-B72F-7D9840A1A535.jpeg

Still stuck between two states and all my tools are in storage. No access to the welder so I had to find another solution to protecting my grill.
Expanded metal and u-bolts from Ace solved that.
CED630E5-D3F8-4757-A57E-0BA9E97F0DD7.jpeg

Here I am helping a neighbor move some dirt around and level his yard after he dropped a few very large pines. I have 2” spacers on the rear.

Once I installed the grill I removed the front headlight bulbs. Need to find a little light bar to mount in front/top of the grill. With the OEM headlights the light was just reflecting back.
B0277E62-8149-43FB-935A-8DAC264C796F.jpeg

Last edited:

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am going to get around and mount the Led lights un the bottom of the ROP's br and a pair of back up work lights for the rear also. Just takes time to get it done.

Way I have seen it is the lights are useless once the bucket gets raised 18 inches or so.

:D Al

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats the problem I've had too, you either have to have the bucket real low or higher than would be safe to travel with a heavy load. I figure since my lights are already out its a great time to upgrade as well.
@LOMartin the grill on mine got trashed by a root when tearing a stump out, having that grill guard would have saved it.

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@chipper1

It’s worth it, I move a lot of brush with the grapple.
This guard completely removed all worry. Here are a few more pictures for ideas on your guard.

0D5ED478-7B0F-45D6-9B9B-2CB67E2CF9E9.jpeg 7DC2B7A8-FD6F-4AA8-A80B-251BD210B36D.jpeg AA708E11-4A07-4B89-A0FD-FB43B32594E5.jpeg

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag