Need opinions on tractors

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
2:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey yall, I've been looking for a tractor to have at my house for a while now. Ideally I would buy a 30hp ford with 4wd, a loader and plow. That set up, and pretty much any 4wd with a loader is pretty pricey and rare where I'm at, I don't really have 10k to spend on a tractor at the moment. I found a couple a little bit cheaper one is a kioti 3054 and the other is a farmtrack 300.
I'm familiar with neither and was curious if anyone knew the quality of these tractors. Thanks in advance.

Whatever the largest tractor you can afford, buy one with 10 more hp.

“I’ve got too much tractor,” said no man ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would pick a Kioti over the Mahindras or LS/Farmtrak. Many options out there if you are willing to travel some. All smaller major brand tractors are built by someone else. We had a Yanmar dealer close for a while, but they went under. Check your ag dealers for trade ins. Ours always have some smaller JD, Kubota, and MFers that have been traded.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would pick a Kioti over the Mahindras or LS/Farmtrak. Many options out there if you are willing to travel some. All smaller major brand tractors are built by someone else. We had a Yanmar dealer close for a while, but they went under. Check your ag dealers for trade ins. Ours always have some smaller JD, Kubota, and MFers that have been traded.

This Guy is right.

I would add 1 thing: we’ve got a JD 1650, a 65ish hp rebadged Yanmar from about 1987.

The parts are obsolete through JD & it’s on the last unobtainium Clutch.

Whatever you go with OP, go with something that’s supported & somewhat current.

Not to be a Drum Beater, but Kubota is hard to beat & some of their packages are downright economical.

Plus,
If financed, you can count the payments every year on your taxes, & it is insured for the life of the loan...

Real Important Things That should be considered.

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Glad I threw the question out, I'll keep all this info in mind, can never have too much!

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My tractor is a Kubota. required a lot of work to make it so it didn't scare the crap out of me.

Banker says a new cut tractor, so the search began. I refused to get any thing below 30HP will let the banker use a shovel and wheel borrow before I go below that size. New Holland was first because I was at the dealer to get a pricy part for the 65 Ford 5000. They have the same basic tractor 33HP one called a boomer and one a work master. Dealer couldn't really explain the difference other than a few thousand dollars. Didn't have one in stock that was gear and had R1 tires so would be a couple months to get one if I wanted one and was set on the price. Sold Kubota's but turned up his nose when I inquired on the price. Just said I would not be as happy with it as I would a New Holland. Found out later he wouldn't make as much off the Kubota as he would the NH.

Next was a Branson dealer who I had thought sold a KTM or some thing like that but he had dropped that brand. Only had one tractor in stock a 33HP model he used as a demonstrator he said, but wouldn't even start it. Had a brush hog mounted and I picked several branches off the tractor with 2 inch thorns. Didn't have R1 tires on it had R4's, Buy the tractor and when I get a set of R1 tires in we will swap them out if you don't scuff them. Seemed rather put out when I said I was not going to do any thing of the sort it would have tires i wanted or I would not buy.
Banker also was not to thrilled with the dealer either.

Next was a Massey Ferguson / NH dealer. He starts off that I would not be happy with the Massey just so many things it didn't do that the NH did but again several thousand dollars more for the NH. Also again he would not even start any of them. Didn't have a NH with R1 tires either and then the HP went from 33 to 35 for the new models and I would have to wait for a new one to come in and they were several thousand more because of the bigger HP.
Banker was scratching her head as we left.
I decided I could probably swing the 175 Allis with out the banker once I sold the 65.

Comeing home from a car show we drove buy a Case IH dealer, decided to go back on Monday and see what they were costing. Talk about sticker shock for a horriable thought out machine Farmall. $25,000 for a 25HP machine the controls for the front loader was OK and the valveing hung nearly to the ground under the machine. I would have had that ripped off on the second day.

Again the Allis 175 is looking better.

OH there is a Kubota dealer and stand alone dealer. We stop and look at a few of the tractors he has setting in the lot out front. Go in and tell him what I am looking for and he takes us out to see a 33HP machine with R1 tires but no front loader, not to worry we have a shed full of them and shows us the shed full. Some how it get to where I am from and I tell him so he gets to talking about people I know real well as he is figureing up the money.
Sounds pretty good but we only have the pricy NH and the used Broson to compair to. We leave and talk about it on the way home. Banker really liked the dealer says nices one we have met turn around. we tell the dealer he has sold the 33HP with R1 tires and front loader.

Friday morning at 9:45 the dealers delivery man backed the trailer and truck into our drive and unloads the tractor and goes over the to loaders operation, we had went over the tractor on Tuesday before the Banker left the worldly amount of money with them. It came with a quick detach bucket because they couldn't get the
pinned bucket in time for delivery and the extra cost was dealer ate.

I have 240 some odd hours on it now. Made many mods to make it fit me and not scart the S**t out of me every time I ran ovwer a bump 2 inches high.

Still wanting more erear weight but buying weights is expencive for compact tractors due to the weird wheel sizes.

:D Al

Cjone

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I own a Kioti DK50 with 2 grapples 2 7' double auger snowblowers backblade and a few thing I built for it. Oh and a 9' backhoe also. It is a 2012 but has just under 1000 hours on it. I do property clearing and the like with it. been a good unit for what it is. CJ

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My tractor is a Kubota. required a lot of work to make it so it didn't scare the crap out of me.

Banker says a new cut tractor, so the search began. I refused to get any thing below 30HP will let the banker use a shovel and wheel borrow before I go below that size. New Holland was first because I was at the dealer to get a pricy part for the 65 Ford 5000. They have the same basic tractor 33HP one called a boomer and one a work master. Dealer couldn't really explain the difference other than a few thousand dollars. Didn't have one in stock that was gear and had R1 tires so would be a couple months to get one if I wanted one and was set on the price. Sold Kubota's but turned up his nose when I inquired on the price. Just said I would not be as happy with it as I would a New Holland. Found out later he wouldn't make as much off the Kubota as he would the NH.

Next was a Branson dealer who I had thought sold a KTM or some thing like that but he had dropped that brand. Only had one tractor in stock a 33HP model he used as a demonstrator he said, but wouldn't even start it. Had a brush hog mounted and I picked several branches off the tractor with 2 inch thorns. Didn't have R1 tires on it had R4's, Buy the tractor and when I get a set of R1 tires in we will swap them out if you don't scuff them. Seemed rather put out when I said I was not going to do any thing of the sort it would have tires i wanted or I would not buy.
Banker also was not to thrilled with the dealer either.

Next was a Massey Ferguson / NH dealer. He starts off that I would not be happy with the Massey just so many things it didn't do that the NH did but again several thousand dollars more for the NH. Also again he would not even start any of them. Didn't have a NH with R1 tires either and then the HP went from 33 to 35 for the new models and I would have to wait for a new one to come in and they were several thousand more because of the bigger HP.
Banker was scratching her head as we left.
I decided I could probably swing the 175 Allis with out the banker once I sold the 65.

Comeing home from a car show we drove buy a Case IH dealer, decided to go back on Monday and see what they were costing. Talk about sticker shock for a horriable thought out machine Farmall. $25,000 for a 25HP machine the controls for the front loader was OK and the valveing hung nearly to the ground under the machine. I would have had that ripped off on the second day.

Again the Allis 175 is looking better.

OH there is a Kubota dealer and stand alone dealer. We stop and look at a few of the tractors he has setting in the lot out front. Go in and tell him what I am looking for and he takes us out to see a 33HP machine with R1 tires but no front loader, not to worry we have a shed full of them and shows us the shed full. Some how it get to where I am from and I tell him so he gets to talking about people I know real well as he is figureing up the money.
Sounds pretty good but we only have the pricy NH and the used Broson to compair to. We leave and talk about it on the way home. Banker really liked the dealer says nices one we have met turn around. we tell the dealer he has sold the 33HP with R1 tires and front loader.

Friday morning at 9:45 the dealers delivery man backed the trailer and truck into our drive and unloads the tractor and goes over the to loaders operation, we had went over the tractor on Tuesday before the Banker left the worldly amount of money with them. It came with a quick detach bucket because they couldn't get the
pinned bucket in time for delivery and the extra cost was dealer ate.

I have 240 some odd hours on it now. Made many mods to make it fit me and not scart the S**t out of me every time I ran ovwer a bump 2 inches high.

Still wanting more erear weight but buying weights is expencive for compact tractors due to the weird wheel sizes.

:D Al

Everything is Cheaper before the sale.

4th function
Cast Wheels
Additional weights
Accessories

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Congrats on the new rig. Get any time in the seat yet?
Thanks! I got an hour and a half or so, ripped up the back yard pretty good. The snow just melted so everything is pretty soft. Didn't make it 5 min in 2wd, but real happy with it for a first tractor.