High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My trimmer is nicer than yours!

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Here is one of two FR350 back-pack Trimmer / Brush cutters that were sold in North America that I know of .
Stihl Canada had 50 of these units brought in and 2 were used for shows as displays but they didn't get any interest so all but the 2 were returned to Europe , France if I recall . I think if they had had running units for large landscapers and forestry to try they would have caught a following as they are very common in Europe . I have cleared acres of underbrush , weeds and tall grass with this machine and they are awesome in ditches and uneven land . I have cut frees up to 4" with it . Weight sits on your hips and all you are using is the shaft so I can run it for hours without too much fatigue .
I was with the company at the time and living out in the country so when I got the chance to buy it I grabbed it fast , for $250 how could you go wrong !! I've had it since 2003 and only redone the fuel lines and carb once . I do have a spare flex shaft just in case but I can still order parts .

Last pic shows one of my new Lawn Boy 501 D series engines I put on a 19" deck a few weeks back . It's on it's 2nd tank of gas and running strong . Pre dates 1973 near as I can guess because it has the metal gas tank .

Stihl FR350 Trimmer - Brushcutter 001.JPG Stihl FR350 Trimmer - Brushcutter 002.JPG Stihl FR350 Trimmer - Brushcutter 003.JPG

Last edited:

CTYank

Killer of Invasives
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Been running an Echo SRM-200DA since late '70s. Can't guess how many thousands of hours on it, mostly running steel blades thinning saplings or whacking brush. 21 cc and 1 hp, with 3-lobe blade whacks ~1" brush. Usual care required over time: carb rebuild, clutch shoes, points, fuel tank, throttle cable, 1 spark plug. 14 lb all-up and ready. Prime tool for clearing/mulching multi-acres of multiflora/privet/euonymus at a large preserve.

Recently got a refurb Tanaka 26 cc bike-handle brushcutter. Also light and maneuverable, bit more power. Likes carbide blades. Another lovely little engine, breaking in on the same clearing project. Almost don't need hearing protection with this one. Almost. Too bad Echo makes few solid shaft brushcutters nowadays AFAIK.

Compared to the stihl fs-310 we have access to, these machines are f1-s vs a dump truck. No exaggeration- they can be run all day, and can be inclined and elevated, and used on slopes. Let's not even mention price, lest someone get butt-hurt.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I 'm glad you can run with out a guard because i get covered head to toe in grass and rocks if i don't use one.

Funny you should mention that, my son has complained that he gets hit too much while trimming so I put the guards on my trimmers this week. The Stihl FS94 guard sucks since it will allow a max of 6" of line out on each side. The trimmer hits the rev limiter too easy now and is too nose heavy. The Husky 525 guard allows 7" of line out and it's better balanced than the Stihl. My first real trimmer was a well used FS80 that had no guard and I just got used to not having one.

I chipped a tooth last year while trimming and I don't know if the guard in place would have prevented it or not but it may have helped. Like your sig says: you better be tough if you're going to be dumb.

Man I gave it a try but I just can't stand running a guard so I took them back off. I traded the 375 for a 450 SpeedFeed on the 525LS and I prefer the feel of it. The trimmer is better balanced with the bigger head and this unit has the balls to turn it with 8" of .095 Desert Vortex string.

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same trimmer, I did not like the throttle handle or d ring of the husqvarna. By feel I think husqvarna took a few steps back with the new changes. Below is a little history.

The 426lst model was replaced by 525 lst.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

426 lst with orange covers and different d ring and string head vs. redmax. This was prior to the 525 which came out last year. The MSRP is less than what it was in 2015.

Last edited:

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The husqvarna 430ls is the same redmax bcz3060 which is the next size engine. I see its is still on the website, looks the husqvarna has not made changes to it.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
5:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
redmax went to hell when husqvarna bought them.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same trimmer, I did not like the throttle handle or d ring of the husqvarna. By feel I think husqvarna took a few steps back with the new changes. Below is a little history.

The 426lst model was replaced by 525 lst.

View attachment 22382

View attachment 22383

426 lst with orange covers and different d ring and string head vs. redmax. This was prior to the 525 which came out last year. The MSRP is less than what it was in 2015.
The trigger on that looks mighty flimsy, I would break that skinny piece of plastic on first use.

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have zero complaints about this...best trimmer i've ever owned and lots of power for only weighing 9lbs once I gut the muffler.
0feb6ac644e002b070184a1ee40402e9.jpg

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
4:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have local dealers for redmax and husqvarna.

The 525LST is $350, and the 430LS is $400.
The BCZ260TS is $390. All plus tax.

I can pick up a new Shindaiwa T242 for $300 OTD.

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
4:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I should add that I held the 430LS the other day. The feel was OK, but certainly not stellar. The 525LST and BCZ260TS are not stock items at either dealership.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, guess I'm gonna have to go take some pics of my old junk.lol