My trimmer is nicer than yours!

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a fs 85 bike handle my dad keeps, one other red max my brother has. Still use my fs55r with all the kombi attachments. Think it's on its third carb in about 10 years.

Had a fs110 with split shaft that I ruined the piston in. Ended up the oil mix had 20 percent castor oil it it. Castor baked to the piston.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a fs 85 bike handle my dad keeps, one other red max my brother has. Still use my fs55r with all the kombi attachments. Think it's on its third carb in about 10 years.

Had a fs110 with split shaft that I ruined the piston in. Ended up the oil mix had 20 percent castor oil it it. Castor baked to the piston.
Joey what is the problem you have been having with compression testors?

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not allergic to either of thos. And a piece of rebar, that's some torque.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can never get a good one I guess......none of mine read like my internet friends do.
Make one . Buy a US gauge then buy a Snap on hose adapter. The Snap on adaptor hose will plug into a compressor coupler also and you can check the gauge against another if you are within a few pounds its good. Make sure the screw in threads are the same length as your spark plug or it will change the compression reading.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make one . Buy a US gauge then buy a Snap on hose adapter. The Snap on adaptor hose will plug into a compressor coupler also and you can check the gauge against another if you are within a few pounds its good.
I will post a pic of one I made soon.

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
321564625_2_644x461_kosa-spalinowa-stihl-fs-560-c-em-dodaj-zdjecia_rev001.jpg

321564625_4_644x461_kosa-spalinowa-stihl-fs-560-c-em-dom-i-ogrod_rev001.jpg

stihl-fs-560-c,18b4ce6e.jpg

Desbrozadora-Stihl-FS-560c-20151122105539.jpg

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I 'm glad you can run with out a guard because i get covered head to toe in grass and rocks if i don't use one.

Funny you should mention that, my son has complained that he gets hit too much while trimming so I put the guards on my trimmers this week. The Stihl FS94 guard sucks since it will allow a max of 6" of line out on each side. The trimmer hits the rev limiter too easy now and is too nose heavy. The Husky 525 guard allows 7" of line out and it's better balanced than the Stihl. My first real trimmer was a well used FS80 that had no guard and I just got used to not having one.

I chipped a tooth last year while trimming and I don't know if the guard in place would have prevented it or not but it may have helped. Like your sig says: you better be tough if you're going to be dumb.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that, my son has complained that he gets hit too much while trimming so I put the guards on my trimmers this week. The Stihl FS94 guard sucks since it will allow a max of 6" of line out on each side. The trimmer hits the rev limiter too easy now and is too nose heavy. The Husky 525 guard allows 7" of line out and it's better balanced than the Stihl. My first real trimmer was a well used FS80 that had no guard and I just got used to not having one.

I chipped a tooth last year while trimming and I don't know if the guard in place would have prevented it or not but it may have helped. Like your sig says: you better be tough if you're going to be dumb.
i run redmax guards on my husqvarna they are the narrow kind and work well enough to keep rocks and weeds out of my face.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

get you a speed feed for your husky and stihl you will thank me later.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
get you a speed feed for your husky and stihl you will thank me later.
I have a speedfeed 375 on the fs94 and put one on the 525ls as soon as I used up the line that came on the trimmer.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i run redmax guards on my husqvarna they are the narrow kind and work well enough to keep rocks and weeds out of my face.

I wish there was a Redmax dealer close to me. How long does the Redmax guard let you run the line?

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never been hit with anything without running a guard that I have not been hit with using the guard.