av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
4:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only get this kind of treatment here at Dover and Tatum. It’s a tiny Husqvarna Dealer that is the only dedicated dealer I know of in North Georgia.
I went in to pick up some air filters I ordered and got to talking with Daniel, he and his wife own the place. I tell him of a particular headache that involves being unable to find parts for a fellows 266. What I needed in particular was the entire intake , carb and all for the 266. I spent weeks tracking down a good cylinder and piston and when I went to install it i find the saw had been converted to a 272 ?!?! A pro would have looked closer I think before spending all that time looking for the wrong part. Anyway, I tell Dan that I get this fellows saw running today if I had that stuff. He walks me to the back of his shop and pulls a 266 from the shelves back there and says. “Here, take this and use what you have to.”
“The cylinder is bad, but if you can use it, take it. “
I was blown away. I couldn’t thank him enough and I did have that fellows saw running by noon. I’ll run it again in the morning to double check it and then kick it back into play!
Those two at Dover and Tatum and I have been friends since we first met. The store has been there since the 1940’s (he has some killer machinery) doing all kinds of things, chainsaws since the 1960’s. It’s always been in the family. Erin, the gal there working the counter is either a Dover or a Tatum , not sure. She and Daniel took it over from her dad. It’s small, but he stays busy. Great place, great people. Just wanted to share.

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only get this kind of treatment here at Dover and Tatum. It’s a tiny Husqvarna Dealer that is the only dedicated dealer I know of in North Georgia.
I went in to pick up some air filters I ordered and got to talking with Daniel, he and his wife own the place. I tell him of a particular headache that involves being unable to find parts for a fellows 266. What I needed in particular was the entire intake , carb and all for the 266. I spent weeks tracking down a good cylinder and piston and when I went to install it i find the saw had been converted to a 272 ?!?! A pro would have looked closer I think before spending all that time looking for the wrong part. Anyway, I tell Dan that I get this fellows saw running today if I had that stuff. He walks me to the back of his shop and pulls a 266 from the shelves back there and says. “Here, take this and use what you have to.”
“The cylinder is bad, but if you can use it, take it. “
I was blown away. I couldn’t thank him enough and I did have that fellows saw running by noon. I’ll run it again in the morning to double check it and then kick it back into play!
Those two at Dover and Tatum and I have been friends since we first met. The store has been there since the 1940’s (he has some killer machinery) doing all kinds of things, chainsaws since the 1960’s. It’s always been in the family. Erin, the gal there working the counter is either a Dover or a Tatum , not sure. She and Daniel took it over from her dad. It’s small, but he stays busy. Great place, great people. Just wanted to share.
Nice to hear about places like that and good to know they still exist!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had places like that here but they fell one by one unfortunately, many reasons but all gone now. I knew many of them quite well, I frequented the last one standing till it also was forced to close its doors, just too expensive to do business these days on a big enough volume to carry the costs associated with keeping the doors open. The masses buy from the big box stores, break something then return it no questions asked, no repair or parts service offered.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure do miss my local Husky dealer. They were great, walk in an need a part chances are they had it. Then they sold out to Messicks and that was the end. Now they have to order every single little thing and then charge full retail on it. I'd rather give someone online my business.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure do miss my local Husky dealer. They were great, walk in an need a part chances are they had it. Then they sold out to Messicks and that was the end. Now they have to order every single little thing and then charge full retail on it. I'd rather give someone online my business.

That's how it is going here. I had a great local shop that was owned by a retired timber faller. He fell timber from 1958 to 1979 and then opened the shop and ran it as the proprietor/lone technician until
2009. Now it's a franchise store and they don't stock much of anything.

sundance

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a great local Stihl dealer. Top notch, best in the area by far. Good stock of parts, very knowledgeable, easy to work with. Rural King has taken a lot of the new equipment sales from him and really hurt the business.

Unfortunately he's getting up in years and won't be running it much longer. Not sure what will become of the store once he's no longer in charge.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the local husky dealer here has some parts but if they have to order it in it usually costs more than if i order it myself. plus their prices have gone up so much that almost everything is cheaper to order directly from husqvarna myself. its sad