Reaction score
Country flag

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
6:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm just used to the endless, off topic oil thread. Hate to clutter up a good build thread.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just used to the endless, off topic oil thread. Hate to clutter up a good build thread.
He is professional enough to understand that we also like talking about things loosely related to saws in general.

Hey Moobsy,
How are your roller bearings?

Are you healed?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I thought it was a pulled flyball governor... o_O

Kevin White

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The 090AV the same as this one mm's working on stopped being sold here about 7 years ago. The 070 became the MS 720 which is still being made, example bellow. Never been ran, only taken out of the box for this now sits on my shelf with a brand new 200t and 660 magnum
f060c47969893ee4f13e34e9f23b1bd7.jpg
October 14' at our wedding shocked a few people when I rocked up to our wedding with a chainsaw... Well some where most where half expecting it

I am getting married here in a couple months and planned on doing this. I have also seen people use an axe, or maul, but how many cc's is a maul... pfttt f that. I want cc's at my wedding. Already sent the invitations to Husqvarna and Stihl. We'll see which one RSVPs

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
3:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
This saw is one runnin sumbitch. I can't remember which size the Canon bar is but it's something like 8 foot.
I had the pleasure of putting it in a 6 foot fir log yesterday. Boy talk about tons and tons of power at a very nice rpm level.
Don (sawfun) also has a gear drive 090 that gives new meaning to the term bottom end torque.
I set my camera up to video record both saws but the stupid thing decided to die on me half way through the first saw which was the G, so I didn't get a video of the av from this thread. Though I'm betting someone else did.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This saw is one runnin sumbitch. I can't remember which size the Canon bar is but it's something like 8 foot.
I had the pleasure of putting it in a 6 foot fir log yesterday. Boy talk about tons and tons of power at a very nice rpm level.
Don (sawfun) also has a gear drive 090 that gives new meaning to the term bottom end torque.
I set my camera up to video record both saws but the stupid thing decided to die on me half way through the first saw which was the G, so I didn't get a video of the av from this thread. Though I'm betting someone else did.
8ft bar way to go :headbang:

nk14zp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good question.

You'll need to make some and do some research.....
Years ago someone (I ferget who it was or what forum) I think he had komatsu in his name. He made some fir a 288 I think. Do you remember what he used to make his?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Years ago someone (I ferget who it was or what forum) I think he had komatsu in his name. He made some fir a 288 I think. Do you remember what he used to make his?

Most of the time they're made with a ring machined to fit over the counterweights, and then filled with epoxy.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe hard anodizing works as well. I forget what the coating is on top fuel pistons, I think it was anodizing as they were an olive green. There is a coating used by Nasa and others that when applied to metal, feels oily but is in fact bone dry. I remember a few years back a premium rifle maker put this on his rifle bolts.

Molybdenum Disulfide. AKA 'moly'. Used a lot in high pressure rounds and to preserve the barrel life from high volume shooting. I also used it on my bolt. Amazing stuff.

The 6mmBR, second from the left next to the 9mm, is a moly coated bullet I used for varminting and benchrest back stateside. I have placed second in the Denton club matches using that set up.

238001.cases.JPG

127462.br4.JPG

103283.tray2.JPG

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Molybdenum Disulfide. AKA 'moly'. Used a lot in high pressure rounds and to preserve the barrel life from high volume shooting. I also used it on my bolt. Amazing stuff.

The 6mmBR, second from the left next to the 9mm, is a moly coated bullet I used for varminting and benchrest back stateside. I have placed second in the Denton club matches using that set up.

238001.cases.JPG

127462.br4.JPG

103283.tray2.JPG
I once saw a specialty rifle advertised that had the bolt coated with a special material used for lubrication in the Hubble Telescope. It felt oily when you touched the surface, however, when you pulled your fingers away they were dry as a bone.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I once saw a specialty rifle advertised that had the bolt coated with a special material used for lubrication in the Hubble Telescope. It felt oily when you touched the surface, however, when you pulled your fingers away they were dry as a bone.

An old friend of mine polished the mirrors for Hubble. Some wild stuff went it that thing. Some cool stuff was used around these big aerospace builders here back in the eights and nineties. I'd bet top fuel borrowed a lot from them and the air force.