el_corvinus

New OPE Member
Local time
7:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Brains Trust,

I have a Stihl KM 94RC KombiEngine that I had for a couple of years and finally took for service last week due to power issues.

One of the problems they found was the fuel pick-up was dirty, most likely from dirty fuel.

I was wondering whether using a top-level premium unleaded petrol that has cleaning additives (i.e. BP Ultimate, Shell V-Power), or indeed adding any cleaning agents, would cause any issues with the 2-stroke oil separating from the mix?

Muchos gracias Amigos

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It'll run fine any of our pump fuel even 98 like BP Ultimate it won't harm anything in ya KM94RC.
Pump fuel with ethanol in it can be problematic in summer it can boil and vaper lock.
If ya not having any vaper lock issues it doesn't really matter what pump fuel you run.
You don't need to be running any special cleaning agents in the fuel just basic maintenance is all that's needed.
It's not hard to replace the fuel filter yourself and don't forget to clean the air filter every so often it will get dirty especially if conditions are dry and dusty.
I better add don't forget to check and clean if necessary the spark arrester every so often it takes less than 5min to do.
The above is all very basic maintenance you should learn to do yourself.

Last edited: