High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

M2500 Murray trimmer starting problems.

Jimmy Vincent

Rawhide
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My Dad has a Murray Trimmer M2500. It will start if you spray a little fuel into the carburetor, but dies in about 2 seconds. I feel it is a fuel line related problem. has anyone had a similar problem and is there a repair manual out there? thanks

ANewSawyer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Generally there is very little of repair manual things like this. You have already narrowed it down to either a problem with the carburetor or file lines. Now if you or some else had the fuel lines off the carburetor then they could be reversed. It simple enough to check for as you simply reverse the lines. If it is the one with $12 carburetor it is not worth to even troubleshoot the carburetor as internal parts are most likely none existence and even if they were they would be as much as the carburetor.

I don't work on many these anymore as by the time I add my labor most customers can buy a new unit. Those curve shaft models are usually use it until broken and replace it. Now straight shaft models are usually worth fixing.

Jimmy Vincent

Rawhide
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Jimmy Vincent

Rawhide
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Generally there is very little of repair manual things like this. You have already narrowed it down to either a problem with the carburetor or file lines. Now if you or some else had the fuel lines off the carburetor then they could be reversed. It simple enough to check for as you simply reverse the lines. If it is the one with $12 carburetor it is not worth to even troubleshoot the carburetor as internal parts are most likely none existence and even if they were they would be as much as the carburetor.

I don't work on many these anymore as by the time I add my labor most customers can buy a new unit. Those curve shaft models are usually use it until broken and replace it. Now straight shaft models are usually worth fixing.
It has not been worked on since it was new, so I don't think the lines are crossed. I will check into it further. thanks

dannyupsolate

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I work on them local small engine supply sells tygon 4040 3/16 fuel line a buck a foot you need two feet. if carburetor is walbro a lot of them use k20 kit very common kit but be sure to get brand and number off carburetor. you might get going with just new line.