High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Looking for help removing Honda Blade Adapter from crankshaft.

cmhmhh

Active OPE Member
Local time
8:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Honda Push Mower, Model HRR2165VKA, Serial MZCG - 7940269 on the bench for various reasons. I am attempting to remove the blade adapter from the crankshaft. Honda 06726VG3305 Blade Adapter Assembly. I have deformed the end of the jam bolt on my two jaw puller that I normally use trying to get this thing off. It has been soaked in PBlaster and left under puller tension for days with occasional pounding to try to break free with no luck.

I do not have access to oxy/acetylene torch setup, so heating is out for now. What sage knowledge and advice is out there on how to get this off.

Many thanks in advance from North Central Ohio!

CMHMHH

GBertolet

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a Toro Personal Pace mower, with a B&S engine that I was rebuilding. There was a drive pulley on the crankshaft, just above the blade adapter. That pulley would not come off. I tried liquid wrench, oxy-acetelyne, putting as much heat on as I dare, a gear puller, which actually bent the pulley while trying to pull it. That pulley would not move. It was on for 15 years, and never was off before. I gave up in frustration. Sometimes you just get something like that, seized solid. I finally used a saws-all for the rough cut, and a Dremel with a cutoff wheel to finish the cut. It came off then! Replacement blade adapters are not all that expensive. If you run out of ideas, this may be your final option.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With it under pressure with the puller, you can heat the adapter with a mapp gas torch too. It will get it hot enough. Just takes more time.

mgr1

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hade the Same problem on a B&S engine. The angle grinder did a good job.