Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The exhaust has a little bit of free port to it at TDC so now I'm kinda stuck as far as lowering it any more. Will explore other options including a welded pop up.
Seems like the exhaust and transfers are too low and the intake is too high. Also the big transfers are negated as half of it is coverd by the piston at BDC. The 288 piston did let it open up a little bit more.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I decided not to put it back together as was my first inclination, hoping something else will come to mind to try, so I guess I'll sleep on it for a little bit. My thinking was I have another 288 piston so I would turn down the crank lobes and use the new piston, have my cake and eat it too. The only thing I'm eating now is crow.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
10:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I decided not to put it back together as was my first inclination, hoping something else will come to mind to try, so I guess I'll sleep on it for a little bit. My thinking was I have another 288 piston so I would turn down the crank lobes and use the new piston, have my cake and eat it too. The only thing I'm eating now is crow.
A couple of my pretty good runners had about .050" freeport. Not recommending it, just saying. Ymmv

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been theorized that the outflowing exhaust pulls an extra bit of fuel into the case also.

I'm not much of a theorist muhself:cool:

Well, if you open one window in your house not much happens, open one on the other side of the house and air flows through. So I can kinda get behind that theory I guess.