Knock-off No-Spill gas cans

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, first, I may have been off with what I typed. I got my 5 gallon no-spill gas cans at Tractor Supply for ~$30. I think the Walmart knock off was $17 (not $27 as I typed).

But second, and this is slightly off topic, but how much gas do you guys stockpile, and what for?

I don't have a generator, but I have 10 gallons of e-free gas in case of an emergency. I use it up a little at a time to replenish my 1 gallon can which has my mix gas in it for my OPE.

So how much gas do you keep on hand?

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Derf I keep 20 gallons on hand for emergencies like the hurricane we just had. I was without power and ran a generator for about 100 hours straight. It burns about 3 gallons every 10 hours. I also have between 5 to 8 gallons in my zero turn to use if it gets really bad.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can buy the new cans and then the caps and make them old style. They even come with vents that you drill and snap in. But the kit is like $12 so it makes even the most basic can that much more money now and no gas can is cheap anymore.

Best thing to do is go to thrift stores and yard sales and pick them up for a few dollars each. I find them on the side of the road mostly though for free.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Link to these kits?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Link to these kits?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Replacement Spout - Water Jug Or Gas Can Spout - Update Your Old Can!
This is a kit that I bought. I just looked them up on amazon with the search "gas can replacement spout" and I see one that's cheaper that I don't remember seeing before. I don't have any experience with it so I can not vouch for its quality or does it not leak etc. The first one I have had a few years, does not leak on the connection to the can and that screw cap on filler spout end also seals up tight.

Here is the cheaper one...I may try one .yself as I have a few that need new nozzels.TruePower Replacement Spout and Vent Kit

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it blocked my amazon link??

Just use the search I listed in my reply above.

The one I bought was 12.99 and by EZ-Pour. The cheaper 11.99 one I think is an extention kit or just an extend nozzel I don't remember. The like $8 one by true power was the latter one I referenced that I was not sure of the quality.

earlthegoat2

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I keep about 4 gallons of E-free on hand. For hurricanes I fill up all the vehicles and siphon it out of the 39 gallon tank in the truck if I need to. I have no generator and don't want one. I have gas stove, gas water heater, and city water but I have a septic tank for sewer. So far I have never lost gas or water and after Matthew I was out of power for 10 days. Honestly, the only thing about power I really miss is Netflix. I have internet on my phone.

I do have 10 bags of charcoal though. So, yeah...I hoard that.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I keep about 4 gallons of E-free on hand. For hurricanes I fill up all the vehicles and siphon it out of the 39 gallon tank in the truck if I need to. I have no generator and don't want one. I have gas stove, gas water heater, and city water but I have a septic tank for sewer. So far I have never lost gas or water and after Matthew I was out of power for 10 days. Honestly, the only thing about power I really miss is Netflix. I have internet on my phone.

I do have 10 bags of charcoal though. So, yeah...I hoard that.
What are you siphoning gas for if you don't have a genny? I just fixed my second generator, tonoght, I was given free. It a Chinese honda engine clone. 6k unit. From Northern tool. Was given to me free cause it had an issue and it ended up being a ground issue on coil. We lost power for 18 hours or so in Irma. I ran it the whole time as I knew it would come back pretty quick. I probably burned 7 gallons or less in my 15+year old coleman/Briggs genny. I had 35 or so gallons in cans and 30 or so in my old k10 and that's not counting the little bit in the boat or the other vehicles. I could of filled both boats up and had 50 more gallons to siphon.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tractor Supply stocks the EZ Pour replacement spout kit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually keep about 20 gallons of reg gas on hand for vehicles, generators, etc. and the non ethanol gas I mainly use just for 2 stroke engines and store it in 2 gallon cans. So I may have between 2 and 8 gallons on hand at any one moment plus what I have mixed up. I stocked up on fuel to run the generator ahead of the hurricane. We were without power for 68 hours and I used a little 800 watt HF generator that runs about 5 hours on a gallon of of 2 stroke fuel (tv, computers, phones, lights) and ran a 5kw Homelite that burns about 2 qts per hour to run fridge, 2 freezers, well, etc. I had plenty of fuel left over.

earlthegoat2

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I drive the truck infrequently. If power was out, city wide, for an extended period of time, (cant get gas from the stations) what I "store" in the truck could be used for my car since I would be working in a situation such as that.

Basically the truck acts as a mobile storage device in that instance. Only during calamity though. Not all the time. Sometimes I need that V10 for doing truck stuff.:coleman:

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FYI these 2.5 gallon cans are on clearance at Walmart for $15.50.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I keep about 6-7 Jerry cans filled with non ethanol. And another 5 with off road diesel. Waivans, the real deal Jerry cans. I use a lot an around the farm.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
5:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm 83 years old and I have never found anything as good as the no-spill cans, I can lift the heavy 5 gallon up on the tractor put the spout in the gas hole & push the button, none of the trying to get the spout in the hole before the gas flows, same with saws on the ground, put the spout in the hole, press the button, no spill! I love em!