JONSERED Jonsereds

mainer_in_ak

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This old heated carb jonsered 2172 has enough grunt to snap a winch cable. Full throttle pull, butt end of tree caught dirt. SNAP!

Woke me up better than coffee......
20230426-112338.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not that this is any surprise, but 'Red is now officially dead. Fun while it lasted I guess.

:confused:

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
11:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not that this is any surprise, but 'Red is now officially dead. Fun while it lasted I guess.

:confused:

Wonder if they are still at Menards or if that stopped too, was told that Menards and one other place bought rights to the jonsred name and they had up to 50cc homeowner saws. Still had them last time I was there few months ago

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm, that's unusual. If they are still available, are they NOS or just a rebrand of something else? I read somewhere that Husky wanted to bury the Jred brand decades ago but kept it around because some regions were intensely loyal to the marque and they didn't want to risk driving them to Stihl.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This old heated carb jonsered 2172 has enough grunt to snap a winch cable. Full throttle pull, butt end of tree caught dirt. SNAP!

Woke me up better than coffee......
20230426-112338.jpg

As I remember, a winch was one of the oodles of non-saw tools available for the Homie SXL.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maynards carried the 50cc and down Redmax/Jred homeowner stuff for awhile, maybe still some leftovers? Just until stock runs out since both brands are completely done manufacturing now

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maynards carried the 50cc and down Redmax/Jred homeowner stuff for awhile, maybe still some leftovers? Just until stock runs out since both brands are completely done manufacturing now
Yeah I checked last night and now all that is listed at Menards is poulan pro, remington and that wonderful senix 4 stroke pos.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol.
#World’sFirst
Guy at work pissed his money away on a senix, he was trying to tell me how nice they are for 140$. Told him yep I’m sure it’s great, weight of a 362 but gets schooled by a ms170 what’s not to like that and it’s a flimsy pos made in China without any quality control. Told him next time he wants to piss money away I’ll take his 150$

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I checked last night and now all that is listed at Menards is poulan pro, remington and that wonderful senix 4 stroke pos.

For what little they cost, I've always found the Poulan Pro and the older USA made green Poulans gave good service. No worse than anything else in the price range. And of course parts are dirt cheap and plentiful. My side job shop is a Stihl dealer. Lots of folks buy the MS170/180 etc. and then discover parts and labor cost more than a new one when the warranty expires.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For what little they cost, I've always found the Poulan Pro and the older USA made green Poulans gave good service. No worse than anything else in the price range. And of course parts are dirt cheap and plentiful. My side job shop is a Stihl dealer. Lots of folks buy the MS170/180 etc. and then discover parts and labor cost more than a new one when the warranty expires.
I agree unless you fix yourself but honestly it’s the same with the poulan. I’ll agree the older ones were good even the old green ones weren’t horrible. I don’t think the 38-40cc stratto saw in orange, red or yellow & black is worth a crap in my opinion

Hoggwood

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gather this series was not highly revered. Nonetheless, probably one of the cleanest “free to a good home” local pickups I’ve ever snagged. Missing a couple things, but it started on some fresh juice. Nice rim sprocket and bar. Glad all the plumbing appears sound. Mostly because I don’t feel like splitting the whole top end just to service the oil pump. Sheesh.

Runs and oils well. Needs some sort of spike though. I’ll run it through some sticks on the next outing.

IMG_0932.jpegIMG_0933.jpegIMG_0934.jpeg

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gather this series was not highly revered. Nonetheless, probably one of the cleanest “free to a good home” local pickups I’ve ever snagged. Missing a couple things, but it started on some fresh juice. Nice rim sprocket and bar. Glad all the plumbing appears sound. Mostly because I don’t feel like splitting the whole top end just to service the oil pump. Sheesh.

Runs and oils well. Needs some sort of spike though. I’ll run it through some sticks on the next outing.

View attachment 381606View attachment 381607View attachment 381608

Just gave my uncle a 510sp since he needed a smaller and lighter saw than his big homelite and Stihl 038.