It's MS462 Time In Tennessee

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
9:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The exhaust port on these where it enters the muffler is pretty small. It actually narrows down as it comes from the plating edge out toward the muffler.

So....like Kevin said, in order to allow for expansion, I widen the port as much as possible.
Mine get pretty thin at the flange. No reason for all that aluminum in there.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you do with the old exhaust cages? Send them to Laotian schoolchildren to make pocket knives?

How the hell did you know?

Wow....just wow.

Mine get pretty thin at the flange. No reason for all that aluminum in there.

Well.....till the whole thing breaks off.

Ask Wigglesworth LOL

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh I’m not buying that I have read between the lines and I believe it’s not ported but not exactly stock either.

It had fewer mods back then, but I never said it was stock, and neither was the 066. He was very cocky about how strong his 066 was, and got very quite when I cut right next to him and faster with 28" bars. I don't think he knew as much as he thought he knew (even though he was a pro), and he did not give a sharp chain the proper amount of respect it deserved. I don't think I was running square file back then, but I did keep my chains sharp!

Few folks who are not one of these web sites know as much as they think the know.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep in mind Dave, that was so long ago my 044 was my big saw!!! In fact, it was my only saw!