is this saw worth anything?

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
11:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a really nice looking saw. And for a good deal. I'm betting it's at least three times that value when you put a few swipes of lipstick on it.
Imma wait til she gets here (from Germany) before I assess what I really want to do with her. From what I can see in the pics, she don't need too awful much cosmetically. Might re-do the filter cover, clutch cover and bottom plate. And I might make an obnoxious pipe for her. And I MIGHT even put a 66mm P/C on her.....who knows.

At any rate, I promise I won't hack her up. And I'll keep all the original parts so I can always put her back to original should I want to...

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh wow..straight from Germany. I wonder if it has any upgrades that weren't included on exported saws.
Well we will just have us a good look at it once it gets here.....

Given its vintage (circa 1960) its probably the same.....but who knows....

Last edited:

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd love to have one to! Nice find !
I've waited and watched....and watched and waited. Scoured Craigslist, online classifieds, ebay, all kinds of sites on Facebook.....for YEARS. Over the years I passed up some really crappy ones that were way overpriced, got outbid on some nice ones, finally got my break...lol

Now I gotta pace back and forth in front of the mailbox for 2 to 5 weeks waiting for it to arrive in the mail......:BangHead:

Last edited:

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That recoil makes me moist.

How many CC's?
Yeah its 106cc. The early Contras (this one is supposedly a 1960) were 58mm P/C. The 070s that came out in the late 60's were also 58mm. The 090s are 66mm (137cc). So I MAY be bad and change out the P/C..........we'll wait til I get this in the mail to do a good evaluation before I make a decision.

Last edited: