High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

I'm poor and I keep breaking my riding mower

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
10:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Took the deck off, removed the blades, sharpened up the blades, and tightened everything down using teflon tape. The mower ran great afterwards but I know it will break sooner or later. I took a look at the local Cub Cadet dealer, was sorely tempted by their 0% financing for 48 months plus their $500 discount for active duty military and veterans, but I held back and am going to keep on nursing the MTD riding mower as long as the engine holds out.

My worst slope is about 10 degrees, my lawn is getting straightened out regarding bumps, rocks, etc. I don't care about my lawn other than it's cut and my time is quite valuable to me; would a zero turn make sense for me? What's the group think on steering wheel zero turns? I don't care either way on the steering wheel, just seeking input.
I don't no about steering wheel units but I would imagine it's only value would be for people who aren't coordinated enough to use both hands at once! I bought a Bad Boy ZT at my Kubota dealer , first because they are heavy duty and second because it's made in Arkansas and excellent manufacture/dealer support. But what ever brand a ZT is the way to go very efficient! And if you are looking to finance Kubota always has some kind of great deal like 4yr. 0% int. and the best insurance you can get the last Kubota tractor I bought,I had a problem at 3 yr.9mo. 3 mo.till payoff they covered it for everything I paid for it I dont even think I lost what it would have cost me to rent it for a month!!!! I don't know how they can do that,other than the fact I was a repeat customer!
But it's a good place to kick some tires and explore your options...

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So, the crank broke?

@fordf150, god I wish you were closer. I'd just hand you my debit card and wait for you to tell me what you sold me.
not really the crank....that engine has a balance weight(having one of those moments that i cant remember what its called) attached to the crank....its a 10lb chunk of iron moving the opposite direction of the piston to smooth out vibrations. they have a nasty habit of coming loose and destroying stuff, see it a few times a year on the briggs and kawasaki engines

very bottom box in this picture is most likely what broke

upload_2017-4-27_14-18-21.png

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same exact thing happened to a Briggs I/C 14hp I've got sitting on an old Snapper Zero Turn mower. It's the old Snapper model that has the single control lever mounted on the right hand side of the seat. If one of you was near, I'd push the damn thing on your trailer for you and watch it go!! It was a damn good mower...this was a replacement engine I bought from a guy a couple of yrs ago for $160. Engine was warrantied just long enough to get it out of his driveway. I just don't have the yard for a mower like that anymore.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow I hope my Kawasaki never does that!

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
dollar for dollar, I'll take a briggs over any other engine. I have a mini stroke every time i price parts for kohler/honda/kawasaki.
Yeah I hear ya. I'm still sitting on a tecumseh 20hp twin carb motor that came with my hovercraft kit. Sux they went out of business. I can't knock kohler, haven't seen many blown motors that are regularly serviced, neglect kills em all quick