I got a silly question...

spencerpaving

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm working on a project and can't seem to pump enough fuel...do you get a stronger impulse signal from the crankcase /transfer tunnels on the cyl...or from the intake manifold?...currently I'm tapped into the intake but I think I will get a stronger signal if I tap into the side of the cyl

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Before you start drilling...have you tryed raising the needle arm up a little? Not sure how lean your running or what saw but that can help give more fuel.

spencerpaving

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Before you start drilling...have you tryed raising the needle arm up a little? Not sure how lean your running or what saw but that can help give more fuel.
Yes I have tried alot of things with the carb....the carb is a hl360...trying to get it to run 12026 fuel

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure what the 12026 fuel is but I suspect its more of a jet issue than a supply issue. If the fuel is high alcohol it will require larger jets....up to 20% larger.

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you raised the needle arm you may try a weaker spring so the needle opens sooner and easier. With the arm higher and the spring weaker it should be completely open at WOT and give more fuel. Possibly may need to drill the feed hole under the needle larger.
Those would be two things to try before getting radical and not being able to reverse changes.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
6:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The metering lever getting raised will only cause high idling problems.
A narrower venturi will give more atmospheric velocity at the nozzle to pull more fuel at wot.
Or you've basically created a flood limiter and there's too much fuel no matter what you do.