Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bad rationalizations on a bright Wednesday morning.
1.) I have 16 bars merely as display/conversation pieces - those don't count
2.) I have 7 bars for specific upcoming saw projects, just planning ahead so those don't count
3.) I have 7 bars that are for my actual work and woods ported saws, those are work bars, they don't count.
4.) I have an assortment of new and used bars for the saws I like to rebuild and sell, they are just waiting to move on, they don't count.
5.) I have three 16" bars for cant racing (which I have never done) and I don't know which one will be best, so until I find out, those don't count.
6.) I have an oem Stihl 59" bar that the dealer sold me at cost, maybe I will use it someday and it was such a good deal it just barely counts
7.) I have a small handful of nice but oddball bars I bought for deals that never happened or was given and don't need, I don't plan to keep them just waiting on the right deal, they don't really count.

I must not have Bar Acquisition Disorder at all :)

Dave the Unafflicted

Redbull661

661 hoarder (BlueBallz)
Local time
11:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that all seems to check out dave. i wouldnt be worried about it....

yeah, Doctor RB says buy two more bars and check in with us tomorrow morning to see if you feel better.

Now if that doesn't work. We may have to get you on a regiment of buying more saws.

Last edited:

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yeah, Doctor RB says buy two more bars and check in with us tomorrow morning to see if you feel better.
I think I have three or four reserved with skippy, but since they are for display when they arrive I still wont have a problem :)
also not afflicted with
SSIABD
SCAD
SSCD

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave, those were very well thought out rationalizations and excuses. But they don't count. Sorry, you have BAD. I may be able to help you out with that long bar. What's it fit? (1 of those counts for 3 short ones)
The big boy fits my 084, 075s and 051s, so it isn't useless but I have resisted the urge to have a chain spun up for it so far. I got more than $100.00 off list so I had to buy it right?

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm starting a company were I melt bars down and make usable merchandise so all your extra bars can be shipped to me,I'll make you a shiny new license plate.

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm picky about bar's! I only like Windsor/sandvik, stihl, husky, jonsered, total, tsumura, sugi hara, Carlton, Oregon, Cannon, roller tipped, replaceable tip, hardnose, GB, Nos, vintage,short and long bar's! I like them all even if I can't use them.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The big boy fits my 084, 075s and 051s, so it isn't useless but I have resisted the urge to have a chain spun up for it so far. I got more than $100.00 off list so I had to buy it right?
Probably uses .404 x .063? Of all the chains I have, .404 is one size I have no rolls of. I have a Stihl bar that uses 100 dl of .404 and I have about three loops for that. If I had that long bar, I would sacrifice those loops and turn them into whatever dl count I needed...

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome post DD.

Stop thinking so hard, it won't ever make sense.

I have 30 saws (stopped counting on purpose), 30-40 bars, only two hands (I can only use one saw at a time-safely), and I cut a whopping 8 cords of wood a year.