HUSQVARNA HUSQVARNA THREAD

telejed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like one that could go sideways pretty quick. Since you're not a Hooray guy, I'd probably walk away from it unless the owner will part with it real cheap. If he does, and you want to part it out, I've got one in the wings that needs a few things.

Hooray guy? Do you mean Husky guy?

They run and cut great mostly. At least the ones I've been around and used. Just don't like the design on things I'll need to get to the most often. I can only put a saw with a 30" bar on it in my truck box. I tend to stop often and things might "grow legs" when I'm out of sight.

If he will sell it cheap I'll just rebuild it right and go from there. Sell or use.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hooray guy?

Member of the 288 cult following that typically feels compelled to respond with "Hooray 288!' whenever they see the model mentioned anywhere. (Sorta like the O-H...I-O! thing if you're from the Buckeye State.) I'll even admit to being swept up in the moment a time or two myself. Love my 288's. LOL

And doesn't everyone like Huskys?

Last edited:

telejed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Member of the 288 cult following that typically feels compelled to respond with "Hooray 288!' whenever they see the model mentioned anywhere. (Sorta like the O-H...I-O! thing if you're from the Buckeye State.) I'll even admit to being swept up in the moment a time or two myself. Love my 288's. LOL

I'm kind of not into the chainsaw culture I guess or just too new.

Taking this one apart I just think. . . "why did they do it this way?"

rsting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok Husky experts, I need HELP. Put a 272 cyl on a 268 bottom end, everything went great on that. Went to start it, and won't start. No spark. Could swear that i checked spark before i started, but whatever. Put another coil on it off of a parts saw, STILL no spark! 2 bad coils? Ok, I'll try a third one, you guessed it, still no spark! I'm testing it with the switch wire disconnected, so its not a bad switch or wire.
What do you think? Bad flywheel??? Any quirks I'm not aware of?
Also, do you know if a coil off of a 272K will work, or does it have a rev limiter in it? I'm running out of spare coils here.
Thanks
Russ

John235

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t know much but I bet a 272k coil will work but cut off saws generally have a lower rev limiter. So won’t rev out like a chain should

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok Husky experts, I need HELP. Put a 272 cyl on a 268 bottom end, everything went great on that. Went to start it, and won't start. No spark. Could swear that i checked spark before i started, but whatever. Put another coil on it off of a parts saw, STILL no spark! 2 bad coils? Ok, I'll try a third one, you guessed it, still no spark! I'm testing it with the switch wire disconnected, so its not a bad switch or wire.
What do you think? Bad flywheel??? Any quirks I'm not aware of?
Also, do you know if a coil off of a 272K will work, or does it have a rev limiter in it? I'm running out of spare coils here.
Thanks
Russ
I rebuilt a 272 yesterdayIMG_20210425_194000.jpg
Check your coil clearance
It would be very unusual to have three bad coils
You have to pull these quite fast to show fire.

redtractor

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was given a basket-case 288xpg with a metal flag brake that I'm rebuilding. The part I can't find is the brake band for that metal flag. Anyone making them? I'd rather not replace it with plastic.

That and a new sticker for the starter side. Can't find that, either.

Hoggwood

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Threw a couple hours at this today. I knew it had a funky spark when I shelved it a year ago. Swore a few times removing the flywheel. Pulled the stator and the cam bushing. Put it all back together with the plate fully clockwise. Cleaned the points. Bites hard if you don’t rip it. At least it runs now. Looks like condensers and such are unobtainium if needed. Tried to plastic weld the busted handle with soldering iron and some zip ties. Fail. Epoxy and some fibre mesh second attempt. Thinking I will most likely need another handle.

6519C775-A58D-4006-8DE9-D9B69C30E15F.jpeg 4C764095-62D4-4613-B860-9C9A608A70A7.jpeg

Eccentric

Yes, we do have trees in Wyoming.
Local time
3:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cory I may have a line on a parts saw (runner with a busted/glued crankcase). Keep looking elsewhere.........but I'll see if my buddy still has it. He was trying to gift it to me a while back... :D

Hoggwood

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cory I may have a line on a parts saw (runner with a busted/glued crankcase). Keep looking elsewhere.........but I'll see if my buddy still has it. He was trying to gift it to me a while back... :D
Will do, Aaron. Appreciate it. Just getting back at some projects after a long hiatus it seems.

president

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was given a basket-case 288xpg with a metal flag brake that I'm rebuilding. The part I can't find is the brake band for that metal flag. Anyone making them? I'd rather not replace it with plastic.

That and a new sticker for the starter side. Can't find that, either.
Well , someone is making some long sought after 2100 parts
there is a ground-swell of band seekers out there too