Husqvarna 555 rattle

darkimpulse

Firewood Hack
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Long time lurker here. Well I was out cutting today I noticed that there is a distinct rattle coming from the clutch side of the saw. To be honest it has been doing this a while now but I notice no difference in the saw performance while using it.

A little background on the saw; bought it new, it is from 2012. StilI stock. I have replaced the worm gear last month for the oil pump as the pump housing came loose and chewed the worm gear to hell. I thought that was the cause of the rattle, but everything is tight there still, and the rattle persists. I have checked the saw for loose bolts and found all to be tight. Will check again when I get home. I attached my video from my phone below, hopefully it works.

So what do you guys think? Am I going crazy and this is a normal sound for the saw because I never remember the rattle being this loud. Any advice or thoughts appreciated.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
4:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hard to tell from the sound on the video, i just hear a little ping-ping from the clutch drum. Maybe weak clutch springs or maybe the drum is out of round?

darkimpulse

Firewood Hack
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hard to tell from the sound on the video, i just hear a little ping-ping from the clutch drum. Maybe weak clutch springs or maybe the drum is out of round?

It is the stock clutch, if I remember correctly there is a new part number/design for it. Drum seems to be round but I'll check again.

Agree. Is your chain loose? Grease your bearing?

Chain is tight and bearing is freshly greased.

My 562 sounds the same way since new. Nothing to be concerned about.

Good to know, thank you.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk