Husky 580 BTS looks too dry inside.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had this blower for several years and it's been used a ton. I pulled the shroud off and took a peek inside the muffler and cylinder just to see how it's doing and it looks mighty dry. There is only one jet on the carburetor that I can see to adjust anything but it seems to be running just fine. But the muffler is bone dry. I like to see just a little bit of wetness in the muffler if I can so I know there's at least enough oil getting to the internals. Does it look too dry to you guys?
PXL_20201208_015443380.jpg PXL_20201208_015438284.jpg PXL_20201208_014609178.jpg

On the on intake side of this there's this mess:
LRM_EXPORT_20161111_165954.jpg

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Very rare to see "bottom end" failures on these BP blowers. Unlike saws where they bear the load of unskilled operators and filers that are less then clueless, a blower just blows...on...and ..on...

Yours looks like all the others Ive pulled apart (maybe 30 so -not an overwhelming survey)

I like the BTS 580/ redmax 8500 ...good blowers
you wanna rip yer eyes out ? go work on a BR600...oh that's a joy

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What oil and ratio are you running? I have a 570bts running amsoil saber at 40:1, it's clean and good oil film.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What oil and ratio are you running? I have a 570bts running amsoil saber at 40:1, it's clean and good oil film.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

When I first got it I was using different FD oils at 40:1 but now I've just been using 50:1. Mainly Kawasaki K-Tech or VP syn. VP exhaust smells better than anything else I've used and I got it for cheap, so I'll be using it for the foreseeable future.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very rare to see "bottom end" failures on these BP blowers. Unlike saws where they bear the load of unskilled operators and filers that are less then clueless, a blower just blows...on...and ..on...

Yours looks like all the others Ive pulled apart (maybe 30 so -not an overwhelming survey)

I like the BTS 580/ redmax 8500 ...good blowers
you wanna rip yer eyes out ? go work on a BR600...oh that's a joy

Thanks for the insight. I actually like the BR600 but the only thing I've ever done to it is change out filters and do a valve adjustment.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the insight. I actually like the BR600 but the only thing I've ever done to it is change out filters and do a valve adjustment.
I actually like the br600 as well and yes I’ve used most of the newer blowers. I’ll just deal with the valve adjustments... It’s a trade off for a lighter blower that still has great power. I’ve seen them last a long time anyway. Guys complain about ounces of weight with chainsaws... really laughable. Now some of them blowers that have several pounds difference... that’s really noticeable after several hours of it strapped to your back. Br600 really not that much less powerful, it’s lighter and uses less gas. The exhaust note is also less headache inducing.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think where the Stihl 4-Mix engines really shine is in blowers. I prefer a 2 stroke trimmer but I like the Stihl blowers. I bought the BR 800 C and it is stronger and more comfortable than this Husky blower. Weight is about the same but the straps and padding are superior as well, so it actually feels lighter. Side start is awesome too. Costs more $ so there's that... @huskyboy

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have no qualms with the 600 use.. call me when you have to replace the bottom end on one... its not fun. I don't mind the valves either. I actually prefer to run mine when I know Ill be blowing for a longer time...Ill use the Husky's when a "normal" quick blow job will do... Yes the husky's are left outside and my BR600 stays in the basement....

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting how the carbon layer stays on the piston between the rings.
I've seen a few people mention the oil accumulation in the intake air tube. No one seemed to have a definitive answer as to why it collects that noticeably.

I guess that I'll get to see it all first hand eventually, as I've finally gathered all of the bits to re-build an EBZ8500 for myself.
but always seems to be other things taking my limited energies.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had this blower for several years and it's been used a ton. I pulled the shroud off and took a peek inside the muffler and cylinder just to see how it's doing and it looks mighty dry. There is only one jet on the carburetor that I can see to adjust anything but it seems to be running just fine. But the muffler is bone dry. I like to see just a little bit of wetness in the muffler if I can so I know there's at least enough oil getting to the internals. Does it look too dry to you guys?
View attachment 272716 View attachment 272717 View attachment 272718

On the on intake side of this there's this mess:
View attachment 272719

Your rings are stuck, I promise. Order a gasket set and new rings, you will be amazed at the difference in starting, idle quality, and power.