High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husky 335xpt or Dolmar 3410

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
And, I think my saw has got limiters on it. They got to go. Its turning 15.2. What should it be at?
15200 rpm is well over spec....this may help with general info. There are more carbs on these saws so the one in this IPL may be a different number.... The rpm is the same though.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 16.22.20.png

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
6:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@SOS Ridgerider @Simondo I started her up tonite and only could get her to 11k. I thought 15.2 was a little bit high, as she did not sound like she was screaming. I've got to check my meter, its been acting up lately. Anyway, I throttled her up and let her idle back down, but she came to 4k, instead of the 3k. Put on the chainbrake and leave it on for a couple of seconds, and when you release it its back down at 3k. Dont like that. I looked at the sprocket and it didnt even have a mark on it like it had been run much. Going to look at the muffler and piston tomorrow. What do you guys think about the idle problem?

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@SOS Ridgerider @Simondo I started her up tonite and only could get her to 11k. I thought 15.2 was a little bit high, as she did not sound like she was screaming. I've got to check my meter, its been acting up lately. Anyway, I throttled her up and let her idle back down, but she came to 4k, instead of the 3k. Put on the chainbrake and leave it on for a couple of seconds, and when you release it its back down at 3k. Dont like that. I looked at the sprocket and it didnt even have a mark on it like it had been run much. Going to look at the muffler and piston tomorrow. What do you guys think about the idle problem?
Is this after you bent the reeds out? I’ll check what mine is turning at wot after the mods in the morning.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 3410 has great power for it's size and is built well like most Dolmars and I like mine well enough. Having said that they don't have good balance, really nose heavy as the top handle is too far back, I wouldn't want to use one up in a tree much. The on off switch is in a bad location and can easily be turned off accidentally. The worst thing is the filter, without adding the updated carb screw hole plugs and updated fuel lines it will suck in large wood chips not just dust, even with the upgrades the filter is the worst on any saw I've ever owned including saws from the 60's. Built like a tank, good power, but not well thought out, I would not consider one for for every day tree work. Good power, low price, but not a very good saw overall IMHO.

My 3410 is in these videos.

Last edited:

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

They idle higher and the carbs are finicky, I could never get mine to idle perfect. Try tightening the carb screws down just a little and see if that helps.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've heard of several people that have had this problem. Havent heard of a remedy though. I can now only get it up to a little over 9k, maybe it needs a carb kit.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just checked mine for idle and max rpm. When it’s good and warm it idles around 2800-3000. Max rpm is right around 13,500.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've heard of several people that have had this problem. Havent heard of a remedy though. I can now only get it up to a little over 9k, maybe it needs a carb kit.
Carb kit sounds like a good start and check the fuel lines, they had issues with them cracking at the tank. The Carb on mine works well enough, but I would likely try lowering the pop off pressure a little and see if that helps.

Last edited:

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm late to the party but I'm getting ready,to get my 3410 back into service.

Always loved that saw in the tree, no it isn't as nicely balanced as a 200T or 201T but for all the more I paid for her around 6 years ago ($100 clams), it gave me several seasons in the tree before it started acting goofy.

I'm looking for a replacement carburetor, and I'll also check the fuel line and do a vac test to check the seals.