High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husky 162/272--Jonny 630/670 project thread.

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just wanted to report back that I listed the 61 - 272 build I mentioned earlier up on ebay and it sold! It worked out well. After shipping it and the ebay final sale fee, I took home $507 dollars. Not sure if I even lost money on this one, so I am happy. The new owner is a really nice guy too. He absolutely is blown away with the power. I pointed him to this site for good information and nice folks.

Also, I noticed that the saws that brought the most money (across many models) included a bar and chain. Just something to keep in mind if you want to list there. Do the math first though, the final sale fee can get you. In my case I was able to get more for it there, even with the fee.

61 272 sale May 2023.jpg

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tell him to send it to one of our illustrious porters 😁

I already did! LOL - He could not believe saws this small could be this powerful and is already getting addicted to power. That's how I got started in all this.

A couple of weeks ago - Giving this saw I sold him one last run to make sure it was good stirred me up again. This past weekend I went to my buddies property to help him clear about half an acre. I even took on three more saw repair jobs over the weekend.....one I got finished last night. So I am back in it, which I usually don't do over the summer. Having fun!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I already did! LOL - He could not believe saws this small could be this powerful and is already getting addicted to power. That's how I got started in all this.

A couple of weeks ago - Giving this saw I sold him one last run to make sure it was good stirred me up again. This past weekend I went to my buddies property to help him clear about half an acre. I even took on three more saw repair jobs over the weekend.....one I got finished last night. So I am back in it, which I usually don't do over the summer. Having fun!
I rebuilt this 272xp last month seals,carb kit,fuel line,piston kitIMG_20230326_180529906_HDR.jpg
Just a budget rebuild IMG_20230509_141011.jpg
The oem carb fought me it wouldn't hold tune so I replaced if
Just a stock saw not even a muffler mod
I cut several tanks in hardwood
Just a simple firewood saw plenty of power for anything we have here
The owner sells firewood and really like it.

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The oem carb fought me it wouldn't hold tune so I replaced it
The owner sells firewood and really like it.

Nice!! I have another builder in a box that is ridiculously filthy and not pretty. It's missing lots of parts, but I have a nice stash of used & new parts built up for these now. What is cool to me is that it's an actual 272. It's just a tag..... but it excites me since I have always done up 61's. Plus I wouldn't fret over it since it's very well used and not pretty....unlike the one I just sold.

One of the more expensive oem parts for these 272's now is the dang recoil. I impulse bought a super nice 268 starter on ebay that was crazy cheap at the time, hoping it will fit (builder I mentioned above is missing starter)

I have two 575 saws in line to get repaired for a friend first though. They are nasty and not running, he was hoping I could make one good one out of these two.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice!! I have another builder in a box that is ridiculously filthy and not pretty. It's missing lots of parts, but I have a nice stash of used & new parts built up for these now. What is cool to me is that it's an actual 272. It's just a tag..... but it excites me since I have always done up 61's. Plus I wouldn't fret over it since it's very well used and not pretty....unlike the one I just sold.

One of the more expensive oem parts for these 272's now is the dang recoil. I impulse bought a super nice 268 starter on ebay that was crazy cheap at the time, hoping it will fit (builder I mentioned above is missing starter)

I have two 575 saws in line to get repaired for a friend first though. They are nasty and not running, he was hoping I could make one good one out of these two.
I've seen 266s have different depth recoil assembly's but not 268/272s all of mine so far are interchangeable
I'm liking the 268 popups in oem cylinders for the 266s and 268s
I just put a couple in 272s I built recently
They feel strong for stock saws but I haven't cut much with them yet.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Pretty sure I have at least one 272 recoil

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen 266s have different depth recoil assembly's but not 268/272s all of mine so far are interchangeable

I noticed the depth issue. Even between different years of 61's they have different depths..... if I remember correctly. I was playing with starters on my 61 builds one time when I had several 61 starters on hand. I haven't had a chance to test fit the 268 recoil on my junker 272. I won't be surprised to see that it doesn't fit.

The starter wheel pivot point can be different as well, I tried to adapt one depth to the other by swapping wheels over and the center post / pivot point was different.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed the depth issue. Even between different years of 61's they have different depths..... if I remember correctly. I was playing with starters on my 61 builds one time when I had several 61 starters on hand. I haven't had a chance to test fit the 268 recoil on my junker 272. I won't be surprised to see that it doesn't fit.

The starter wheel pivot point can be different as well, I tried to adapt one depth to the other by swapping wheels over and the center post / pivot point was different.
Myself, woodlsasher, and spike60 went 'round with those starter depths a while back...I do have that 272 starter if you need one. I'm running red.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Myself, woodlsasher, and spike60 went 'round with those starter depths a while back...I do have that 272 starter if you need one. I'm running red.
All I know is to keep the old parts with the old starters and the new parts with the new starters and things will work out fine.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Not sure I understand this. Are you saying the location is different? I've never run into that, and not sure it's possible. There are 2 different diameter posts, 10 and 14 mm.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure I understand this. Are you saying the location is different? I've never run into that, and not sure it's possible. There are 2 different diameter posts, 10 and 14 mm.
A feller nearby was doing this for a time, replacing a worn small dia. pulley with a large dia. pulley and expecting good things to happen.
Made some bushings for a few like that to get them back sawing again.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you tried one of these?View attachment 377663
I've always wanted one but cordless tools are so powerful now I never needed one.
I have used a real gas powered drill. That tool was awesome for boring holes in logs for homes. Id have to imagine if you strapped that thing to a good strong saw it would be even more impressive then low revving drill engine. Buy one and stick it on a china 372.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neat

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmmmmm. Take a look at how thin the cylinder base is. 272 stroke is 4mm less than a 288. Did they just take that 4mm off the base to address that? Way too much if that's the case. Saw will never hold up like that. Fun idea to do it yourself just for kicks. But that could be a $500 grenade right there.