How to get melted plastic of cumbustion chamber and .piston

Ben p.

Active OPE Member
Local time
12:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Haha yes onan, Thats too much.

I agree with You huskyboy, there is a point where it doesnt make sence anymore. Yeah i like the 560, it fits what use it for Very well.
But finances atm isnt up to buying a new 5 series saw, so ill try to fix it and it Will last how ever long it Will last.

Almost done cleaning the cylinder, just a few spots i havent been able to hit with a scotch bright abrasive scrubbing pad run by a drill, ill find a Way and polish it afterwards. Piston also looks like its usable if i Can clean it without damaging it. But time Will Tell.

Best regards

Ben

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might be an idea to post a WANTED thread & see if anyone has a junk saw with good parts that you need. Never know a skid steer may have met a 562 and ruined everything except what you need. Get it posted to you.

Ben p.

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
388AD515-8B3F-47F3-B7A4-86F4B79545C8.jpeg 7613F5F6-E3C5-49B6-86EA-DA9862965B6D.jpeg Piston is cleaned and looking Good, But i had to be a bit hard on it to get it clean. Before top of piston had small lines on it(circles), (i hope You understand What i mean, english is not my mothertungue). Now those small Lines a practically gone and piston top is smooth.

Furthermore top outer egde on the piston top is now a bit rounded compared to before where it had a more clean break before.

Before and after pictures is there so You have a better idea of the magnitude.

Will those to things matter and Do You Think i should get a new piston?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 129887 View attachment 129888 Piston is cleaned and looking Good, But i had to be a bit hard on it to get it clean. Before top of piston had small lines on it(circles), (i hope You understand What i mean, english is not my mothertungue). Now those small Lines a practically gone and piston top is smooth.

Furthermore top outer egde on the piston top is now a bit rounded compared to before where it had a more clean break before.

Before and after pictures is there so You have a better idea of the magnitude.

Will those to things matter and Do You Think i should get a new piston?

Them lines are machine marks from the lathe. And I think it should be alright as long as the grove for the ring is clean.

Ben p.

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thx dub, i have so much to learn... yes ring grove is clean.

So just checked prices.
Us pricing Complete case with crank for 562 189usd, But i offcourse cant use that.
Uk pricing case and crank for 560 464 usd inklusive vat
Dk pricing for case and crank 560 721 usd inklusive vat
I live 4 hours away from huskvarna and the further away from it the cheaper it gets. Something is completely off...

But i just took crank case apart, it has a new am gasket on it, so someone has messed with it recently. It looks like the crank has been of this saw before and that they have been to hard on it while putting it back in. Result is that one of the bearings could move a bit Which put the crank stuffers in contact with the crank casing and melted it. When the stuffer Jammed the crank a small tab also broke of in the flywheel.

So the have put it back together knowing that they *f-worded the saw up and sold it on an auction. Saw needs a new case, new flywheel, new bearings, new cup, new seals. or it Will happens again if i fix it now. E5DB6102-8697-47C2-851F-67AAFAB0D09B.jpegF6FC231C-EA99-4085-8A4A-1D014317CBFE.jpeg27CC3007-48DC-4DB4-96B1-C71858E64641.jpeg

Im gonna have to buy t-shirts for all my 3 dogs saying Im with stupid....

I guess Im gonna make a box of 560 parts if i choose to buy a new 560 Down the Road. Oh and i love the autocorrecting here. They fubar it turns to frenched it hahaha

Thx for the guidance guys

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The dirty bastards!
I wonder if @Tor R might be able to help with a used parts search. He is on your side of the earth.

Ben p.

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey dub.
Yeah i saw Hes in norway, used parts could be cool, But everything is more expensive in norway so new parts from there is prob even worse than in Denmark.

Have a Nice day