High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
12:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody else get crazy bad weather this afternoon/evening?

We had a doozy of a wind....it was downright alarming for a while there, definitely the worst windstorm I've ever not enjoyed....
We had a few trees come down, and lots of big limbs.
No damage to any buildings or vehicles/equipment, so that's good anyway.
My wife's garden ain't very happy, lots of tipped over stuff out there.
Neighbors had a big tree almost hit their truck.

Power is out, there was at least 4 poles busted off from trees and wind, I had to cut my way to town for gas for the generator...... turns out that was pretty good timing on getting a generator.
It's running one ac, the fridge, a fan, and the well pump....and it ran the milking machine too!

We probably got around 2" of rain outta the deal anyways.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We had a doozy of a wind....it was downright alarming for a while there, definitely the worst windstorm I've ever not enjoyed....

Power is out, there was at least 4 poles busted off from trees and wind, I had to cut my way to town for gas for the generator...... turns out that was pretty good timing on getting a generator.
It's running one ac, the fridge, a fan, and the well pump....and it ran the milking machine too!

Nada. Got a little cloudy this afternoon and then cleared up. Friday night we got the wind and rain. One of my projects is to look for a diesel inverter prior to retirement. I can run it off dyed fuel and knock it off farm taxes.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nada. Got a little cloudy this afternoon and then cleared up. Friday night we got the wind and rain. One of my projects is to look for a diesel inverter prior to retirement. I can run it off dyed fuel and knock it off farm taxes.
This is the first time we've lost power since we moved in 01/08/2021 but I've been wanting to get a generator anyway, just in case.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the first time we've lost power since we moved in 01/08/2021 but I've been wanting to get a generator anyway, just in case.
Had strong straight winds about 18 or so years ago that snapped off several poles for about a 15 mile radius. Two oldest were not very old and I was not going to lose the refrigerator/freezer stuff. Bought a generator that day and used it in stages to run what we needed. Joplin tornado shut us down for several days and various ice storms do the same.

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We had two storms comes through. We lost power at about 4:20 in the afternoon. It was off for about 2 hours. Then another storm came through later in the evening and power was off until around midnight. I have not inspected for damage yet, but it was very windy.
I am headed out of town all day, so won't get to look around until tomorrow.

This place has a 16KW generator that is hooked to our propane tank and has an automatic transfer switch. I feel spoiled. Power goes off for about 5 seconds and the generator will start, after about 10 seconds of running then the transfer switch kicks over and everything comes back on like normal. The previous owner set it up pretty nice.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Morning fellas. No nasty weather at the in-town place yesterday. Was a near perfect day for getting parts of the to-do list cranked out.
54 - 79/84 today depending on which guesser your listening to.

Last edited:

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning everybody.
Still no power, but the little generator is still screaming away out there, so we've got water and ac.....now, if I can just figure out how to make some coffee.... 🤔

You need a percolator coffee pot for such occasions.

I was just going to comment the same thing, James.

We have hard water here and I can never seem to keep a drip coffee maker cleaned out from buildups. I'll use vinegar and it'll do good for a couple weeks and go back to taking 45 minutes to run a pot.

Point being, I went to using a percolator exclusively, and man, it's way better than a drip pot. Paper filters take away too much flavor IMO. Traps the oils in the coffee. I use either a french press, or percolator now.

Give either of those a try Sawdust Man. 👍🏻

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My parents had a stove top drip coffeemaker. All glass. Bottom pot got filled with water and top container got the grounds. Big rubber donut in between. Heat/vapor pressure pushed the hot water up into the top container. Removed from heat it trickled down. Made excellent brew.

I’ve seen ‘em at flea markets but the rubber donut is usually trash. 💩

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My parents had a stove top drip coffeemaker. All glass. Bottom pot got filled with water and top container got the grounds. Big rubber donut in between. Heat/vapor pressure pushed the hot water up into the top container. Removed from heat it trickled down. Made excellent brew.

I’ve seen ‘em at flea markets but the rubber donut is usually trash. 💩
They're ss now and called espresso pots. Lil dif in that grounds are in middle of two perfed circles top n bottom. Funnel is in water in bottom (heated area) pressure pushes water then steam up trew grounds and up toob to the top section. Tube is capped to direct coffee down into retaining area where it is poured from. Was I closer a pic or 2 wood show a better description

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
B2FB3D3B-A11A-44C6-ACFD-30F6BC9DCE5C.jpeg

Got a little wind off Lake Superior here..

Down right chilly.

Here is a laker with some real history.. still in service.. it was the one that the coast guard sent back to look for survivors of the Edmund Fitzgerald wreck..

“The Arthur M Anderson”..
Gets a special salute wherever it goes..