High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
UPS is *a-holes. 039 engine got to St.Joseph. Then they flipped it to the PO.

Everything put in the mail in Joetown goes to KCK to get sorted. Even a cross town letter.

[emoji90]

Brown delivers to the public school across the street every morning around ten.

Bastids!

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Everything put in the mail in Joetown goes to KCK to get sorted. Even a cross town letter.

[emoji90]

Bastids!
I have the same problem with them here, I talked to our driver & he said that UPS has contracts with certain sellers to transfer their stuff to USPS. I also called a vendor that I purchased some things from & unloaded on them that I paid for UPS delivery & it takes an additional 1-2 days to get my stuff when they do the transfer BS. Their reply was that they had contracts with USPS so my reply was “you will not be getting anymore of my business then. “

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not mine but holds true.

Cows are a lot like people. The ones outside are standing in a 80 acre pasture of lush grass, just for the taking. But no! I hand feed the beef steers inside, and the cows outside think they are being cheated because, “those guys are getting corn!” Little do they realize the reason those steers are getting corn! They just want what the other guys have, while standing in the greenest grass around. Seems like there’s a Biblical principle at play here; thou shalt not covet thy neighbors corn!
“Social Justice warriors” take notice:
When you want corn while you’re standing in clover, and demand to trade places with those guys, you may not like the outcome.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update on Mr. Gump.
The guy said the engine on it, an 11hp, was no good. Well, obviously because there's no carburetor on it. The running engine he gave me is an 8hp. Both Briggs engines.
Guess where it's carb went. The 11hp engine now runs. I've just got to get the carb dialed in, work on the governor and work on the throttle linkages.
:)

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

[emoji90]

Bastids!
Not our choice as drivers. The shipper gets a cheaper rate for sure post packages that get delivered final mile by USPS. I hate it too but that is beyond our control. If you have two packages getting delivered that day it will pull both to the truck for us to deliver since it is then cheaper by their reckoning than paying the post office. Fedex does the same thing.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 295892 View attachment 295893
Not all drivers are equal. Some are better.
That’s great & so true. We had the same driver around here for about 20 years & he was great, then he retired & the fella that took over his route is cut from the same cloth. Some of the fill in drivers couldn’t give a rats a** about the people, have zero personality & could care less about customer service.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s great & so true. We had the same driver around here for about 20 years & he was great, then he retired & the fella that took over his route is cut from the same cloth. Some of the fill in drivers couldn’t give a rats a** about the people, have zero personality & could care less about customer service.

I've had employees in the past that I've taken aside, usually outside, and ask them if they'd be happier working someplace else.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Must be a milenial.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a guy who sometimes thought everything needed a signature, woodnt deliver some stuff, Hid an envelope, under a tote, in the yard after dark one winter day. He's not delivering anymore. Moved him into the receiving/pickup blding . Once, while there, he couldn't get the computer to act right called a nearby woman employee over and tried to instruct her how to do it.
Had to say " if you didn't know how, how in the world can you instruct someone else? ":risas3: woman smiled since I said what she could not :eusa_whistle:

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The sad part is that a lot of the new drivers are trained poorly on purpose. UPS doesn't want the new ones to think for themselves. They have no concept that service is all we have to offer and if customers don't get it from us they go elsewhere.

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20210526_143051.jpg
Fedex ground couldn't find a package when they delivered the first time yesterday. When I delivered this is what I found. They had left the package outside, faked a name and left without even trying to make contact. Unfortunately our new drivers are taught the same crap in order to make numbers. Amazon drivers have been screwing things up badly as well.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody know an automotive person in the Houston TX area?
The van I found is in Houston, and I would love to get an independent inspection to get a better idea of condition. Rust is my biggest concern. Nearly anything can be replaced, but a rusty unibody is a real problem.

EDIT: Fixed the city name.

I don't think rust is an issue in Houston. Have the seller take pics, or a video, of the under carriage and send it to you.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The sad part is that a lot of the new drivers are trained poorly on purpose. UPS doesn't want the new ones to think for themselves. They have no concept that service is all we have to offer and if customers don't get it from us they go elsewhere.
I agree..
People will eventually be will be willing to pay more for a better product.
If Lisa is expecting a package and knows she won’t be at the house, she leaves a note for the UPS guy to bring it to the store, since it’s part of his route anyway. That and he gets lunch there 2 or 3 times a week anyway.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Flooding going on in places. Supposed to quit raining for a couple days.
I can’t like that Tim. We were supposed to get some of that last night, fortunately we missed it. I heard it start raining about 3am so I got up & adjusted some windows & closed others then about 3:30 I heard some thunder. Gauge read .45” this morning.