High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put 10.6 hours on Nates mill this weekend. Pallet of cherry, walnut, white oak and stickers. Plus a few cants of Ash for turning blanks. Plus 12 bridge planks to sit the pallets on. 4"x 12"x 11 ft

cc612502c74058cf599de506ad30845c.jpg
0e02243086ed914c5dcf588e69eda597.jpg
065fc9472532ca27dc45ed179a0ed39c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Great turn out for time involved IMHO. Of course I'm a slow old man w/cs mill. Nice job

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well here's my toys. Excuse the mess. The dirt is uncontrollable. :)

Baldor 3hp, 3 PH motor and KBAC VFD. I'm having a time with these uploads, sorry if there's duplicates. The tan machine is a basket case Cincinnati 2J2P mill that was in pieces. I simply put it back together. Never hooked it up, but bought it to keep it from going to the scrapyard. Then my South Bend. Then my Tree 2UVR, which needs the head gone through, belts afre bad and there's a bearing going out in there. To the left of the mill, in that plastic on my catch all, there's a new 12" 4 jaw chuck for the South Bend. Once I get the motor swapped I need to make a backing plate for it, then it will be ready for use. Looking at things on these pictures, it looks like I need to clean my garage a bit! Lol
DSCF0291.JPGDSCF0291.JPGDSCF0292.JPG DSCF0290.JPG DSCF0289.JPG

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So is your shop like mine, where if you feel down no one would find you and that that's where they'd find your mummified body?

Ever so often have them check my garage, in my chair, in front of the bench, cell phone in hand, posting on OPE. See if I have a pulse. [emoji57]

c4b9837dc04e2912547435722d38eda7.jpg

Gave it ‘The Dip’ while we are waiting on replacements for the burned up PTO side parts.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The worst part is trying to keep all the dang dust off the oiled surfaces of my machines. I pretty much just give the ways a wipe before use and have gave up keeping the body of the machines clean all the time.

It sure was easier to keep things clean, when I didn't work out of it as much, and just used it for my hobbies. One thing that is always in place, is my tools in my toolbox's. I'm a ridiculous level of OCD when it comes to making sure I can always find what tool I want, when I want.

Right behind me, where I took the picture of the Tree mill, is a plywood door that goes to a 12x20 lean to off the back of my garage. Now that, that is exactly what Dub described, itlooks like a bomb went off in there. For only 240 sq ft, it would take a team of people probably weeks to find me if I went down. Lol That stores chainsaws, a pickup box full of wood for the stove, grinders, sanders, crap I need to get rid of, yard tools and whatever else I think I "need", and can't find a good place for, and can't seem to get rid of. That is on the list of things to attack, when things slow down just a bit. I'm going to turn it into a little blacksmith shop, and setup all my grinders and sanders in there as well. It'll become my "dirty room".............grinding dust dirty (since obviously my whole garage is covered in dust already). :)

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The worst part is trying to keep all the dang dust off the oiled surfaces of my machines. I pretty much just give the ways a wipe before use and have gave up keeping the body of the machines clean all the time.

It sure was easier to keep things clean, when I didn't work out of it as much, and just used it for my hobbies. One thing that is always in place, is my tools in my toolbox's. I'm a ridiculous level of OCD when it comes to making sure I can always find what tool I want, when I want.

Right behind me, where I took the picture of the Tree mill, is a plywood door that goes to a 12x20 lean to off the back of my garage. Now that, that is exactly what Dub described, itlooks like a bomb went off in there. For only 240 sq ft, it would take a team of people probably weeks to find me if I went down. Lol That stores chainsaws, a pickup box full of wood for the stove, grinders, sanders, crap I need to get rid of, yard tools and whatever else I think I "need", and can't find a good place for, and can't seem to get rid of. That is on the list of things to attack, when things slow down just a bit. I'm going to turn it into a little blacksmith shop, and setup all my grinders and sanders in there as well. It'll become my "dirty room".............grinding dust dirty (since obviously my whole garage is covered in dust already). :)

Get some cheap tarps to throw on that stuff when not in use.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get some cheap tarps to throw on that stuff when not in use.

I used to do that and the problem I ran into in the winter time, is everything is cold, and when I start warming things up with a fire, condensation forms on the bare metal surfaces, because the machine stays colder under the tarp (I'm guessing), and it starts rusting. Once I removed the tarps, it quit.

I could definitely do that in the months I don't need a fire though, and probably should.

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to do that and the problem I ran into in the winter time, is everything is cold, and when I start warming things up with a fire, condensation forms on the bare metal surfaces, because the machine stays colder under the tarp (I'm guessing), and it starts rusting. Once I removed the tarps, it quit.

I could definitely do that in the months I don't need a fire though, and probably should.

A friend of mine uses moving blankets to cover his machines. Several lathes, mills, and even a shaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend of mine uses moving blankets to cover his machines. Several lathes, mills, and even a shaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is where he keeps them heated full time, part time, or not at all? I was really surprised when I saw all the rust considering how dry we are out here usually. I didn't have the rusting issue when I heated the garage full time.