High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our previous owner started collecting vehicles and asked me to coordinate restoring a 39 Ford Coupe and a 60 Corvette. He was a "cost is not object" type of person. He had a bunch of very nice vehicles. Don Garlits came to the dealership to look at one of them for his museum.
The Ford only had 30K original miles on it so it was very nice to start with. He had a frame up done on it. He was very particular to the point that he wanted 10 coats of lacquer applied and even had the floor polished befor the carpet was installed. The interior trim was sent to an artist in Florida to exactly copy the wood grain pattern.
The Corvette was rough. We had to find a dual 4 barrell intake, carb and air cleaner setup to make it correct along with hundreds of other miscellaneous parts. Just a generator pulley for it was $200 because it had to be an exact diameter because of the tach drive that the cable attached to on the back of the generator.
When all was done. Each had had close to $90K invested in them.
Even though the 39 Ford got a national first place in it's first showing, it only brought $30K about a year after the restore. The Corvette brought $35K.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

On the other end of the spectrum is my HS buddy Rich. His wife drove his ‘59 vet to work from Ceder Hill to downtown St. Louis twenty five years. It took a couple engines and a front end rebuild during that time.

Hot in the summer and freeze your arse in the winter. Judy would drive nothing else. [emoji15]

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read an article about this. I will sum up why they went back to the 9mm. Quite simply, agents (and non-agents) are more accurate and faster with the 9mm, and the agency put more value on accuracy and speed than knock down power. The study showed that the most lethal shot (and most effective), in stopping a perp, is to the dome, and the 9mm outperformed in this area. We all know it doesn't take much to the head to be fatal. I had a friend killed with a single shot between the eyes from .25 caliber. My argument to the FBI would be, then why not arm all agents with .22s???

Another thing to consider is, the fact that bullet technology has come a long way as well. There are some nasty 9mm rounds out there nowadays. There's a few ballistic gelatin videos on Youtube that show how much more effective 9mm can be, than .45. There's also the fact that there's female Agents, and 9mm is going to be easier for them to manage.

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Lord! That is crazy! It makes me wonder, if some of these guys, just do enough of these types of deals, that it's a game of averages. Some tank, but every now and again one brings twice as much as they have in it, so they can keep going. That or they somehow use these types of deals as tax losses or something.
I think he wanted to be recognized as eccentric.
He had zoysia planted on the frontage of the dealership and would have is spray-died green in the wintertime.
The fence around the perimeter in back is rough sawn 2 X 8 oak with 6 X 6 posts. Roughly about 1200 linear feet of fence. One thing about it is that after 30 years, the fence is still there.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it comes down to what's chosen to restore and what's to be done with it when done. There's vehicles out there that command astronomical prices when they're finished. The trick is to buy them right. I had an Uncle tell me once that the money isn't made selling the horse. It's made when you buy it.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think he wanted to be recognized as eccentric.
He had zoysia planted on the frontage of the dealership and would have is spray-died green in the wintertime.
The fence around the perimeter in back is rough sawn 2 X 8 oak with 6 X 6 posts. Roughly about 1200 linear feet of fence. One thing about it is that after 30 years, the fence is still there.

just curious, did he paint, pressure treat, or stain the fence; or was it natural?

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another thing to consider is, the fact that bullet technology has come a long way as well. There are some nasty 9mm rounds out there nowadays. There's a few ballistic gelatin videos on Youtube that show how much more effective 9mm can be, than .45. There's also the fact that there's female Agents, and 9mm is going to be easier for them to manage.
Some of the female agents are prolly willing to show you the error of those words.lol just sayin

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And heres every ones favorite, kids shooting guns.
View attachment 211555 View attachment 211556 View attachment 211557
Troy and I just finished at Andy Dalton.
1977ec32b587593b76cb64f06b50ce95.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the female agents are prolly willing to show you the error of those words.lol just sayin

I get what you're saying, but the reality is, gender doesn't matter, 9mm is going to be easier to shoot and handle than 10mm. Lighter recoil, is lighter recoil and lighter recoil is easier to manage. I'm 6'5, 275 lbs and while I'm not like 1977 Arnold Schwarzenegger, I'm no 1994 Chris Farley either, and 9mm is easier for me to handle than a 10mm. I did say easier, I didn't say can't. Lol! I've seen women handle .44 mag revolvers better than some men, so it's all in the shooter, regardless of gender. Some women can straight shoot!

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ain’t that a nice range??

I love shooting there..

Very organized and nice booths.
It is indeed very nice. I feel safer there than Busiek.
Last time I went to Busiek, I caught a guy firing downrange while a guy was changing his target. Some people just aren't aware of their surroundings.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is indeed very nice. I feel safer there than Busiek.
Last time I went to Busiek, I caught a guy firing downrange while a guy was changing his target. Some people just aren't aware of their surroundings.

And thats why you won't find me at a public range.