Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the mower/small engine gurus in here:

We have a mist sprayer/orchard sprayer with a Honda GX electric start engine. I can’t see the model due to the tank. We had to abandon the original wireless control box after it burnt up and a new one is $2000. I made a control box using marine DPDT switches. Can I run the “hot” side through the Honda ignition switch or am I better off installing a master switch for the control box? If I leave it hooked up to the battery, the backlight stays on and kills it. I just wonder if the electric pump will be too much draw for the ignition switch.

r7000

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm confused - u said sprayer with Honda GX engine, but at the bottom u mention electric pump?

If by wireless control box you mean a remote start, those are a few hundred bucks, not $2000.
for example: https://www.pinellaspowerproducts.com/product/commercial-engine-wireless-remote-control-kit/

I do not understand what you are trying to wire per your description.
It uses an electric pump like on a ATV sprayer to deliver the chemical solution in front of the blower motor. The control box was designed to operate the linear actuators (throttle, blower up and down) and the pump. I attached a pic of one similar. I went ahead and wired it through a main disconnect switch instead of the engine switch.

Attachments

• IMG_0483.png
    IMG_0483.png
    396.3 KB · Views: 5