Honda GC 190 help

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
4:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a cub cadet garden tiller with honda gc190 engine. It started revving high and low when wot. Then would only run with choke pulled. I tore the carb off and everything looks good. I cleaned and reinstalled. Now wont even start. Is there a diaphram on this carb or attached to it? Small black plastic deal with line ran to crank case and fuel lines? If so how do you get it apart or is it a throw away and replace item. Anybody got any experience with this?

Edit: i got it running again but only when the choke it pulled. Whats that mean?

Last edited:

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its not pulling sufficient fuel through the low circuit if you need to choke it to run.

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so how do i correct the problem. It doesnt have a H or L screw that ive found

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Get it running and dump a little Kano kroil in the intake. Repeat a few times. Just try it.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get it running and dump a little Kano kroil in the intake. Repeat a few times. Just try it.
I have heard of others recommend this and don't quite 'get it' as to how this would do anything to clean the carb other than the venturi. How does such a treatment like this help/work?

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As others have said running with the choke on is lack of fuel 99% of the time.

Have you replaced the fuel filter and checked supply form the tank?

You could try seafoam in the gas if you like. Replacing the carb mite be cheaper than you think. HL supply should have one.

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As others have said running with the choke on is lack of fuel 99% of the time.

Have you replaced the fuel filter and checked supply form the tank?

You could try seafoam in the gas if you like. Replacing the carb mite be cheaper than you think. HL supply should have one.
Changed fuel filter, cleaned carb etc.... Is there a external diaphram with this design and could it be the problem?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seafoam works in mine. Same symptoms. 1/4 tank of fuel and a couple glugs of seafoam. Start it up to get it into the carb. A month later both mine started and have run fine ever since. I now use 1 or 2 oz/gallon in every gas can I fill

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seafoam and other products can be great carb/valve/p&c cleaners as its mixed into the fuel, I just find it hard to clean a carb by spraying a product down the intake tract unless using an ether based starting enhancement.

decableguy2000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave if the carb sits lower tan the tank you may be able to bypass the fuel pump.

Jeremy

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Really. It's hard for me to believe it cant be rebuilt, cleaned or serviced. Surely this is not the best answer.
carbs are cheap and those carbs are notorious for small passages that plug up easily. quicker and less aggravation to just replace it and move on than to fiddle with it for days on end

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have heard of others recommend this and don't quite 'get it' as to how this would do anything to clean the carb other than the venturi. How does such a treatment like this help/work?
Valves sticking from crap fuel and sitting. I chased carb problems, ditched the petcock, new gaskets, soaked in Yamaha carb cleaner. Wasn't the carb, one or both of the valves seemed to be sticking. ( didn't open the cover to verify, just a cheaters Google ) After a few hard doses of kroil it straightened up. Wd40 did not work. I'm not a super mechanic and don't try to come off as one, it was just a simple suggestion that may save some headache.