Trader history (0)

Walker Hindsman

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the part number for the lower strut (called the throttle handle brace in the IPL) is 12610. There's three variants - the 12610-2A, 2B, and 2C. I think
any of the three will work. I put in a request with Chainsawr to see if he has any.

I know the 360 lower strut won't work on a 750 because I just went out and compared the two and they're completely different dimensions. I'll
contact a local Homelite nut I know as well.

650 and 750 lower handles are the same. The others will not fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huskadolmar

Old saw guru
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Who has parts?
With some guidance i can weld it up. Its super light for its mass so i know its mostly magnesium. I have welded a few cases well but i ruined a broken dolmar case once that was real light so i would want input on amperage,preheat temp and filler material. I never tried welding a homelite. Had sucess with old poulans and husqvarna. And thanks randy for your help. And all of you. Great bunch of guys

Huskadolmar

Old saw guru
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So the part number for the lower strut (called the throttle handle brace in the IPL) is 12610. There's three variants - the 12610-2A, 2B, and 2C. I think
any of the three will work. I put in a request with Chainsawr to see if he has any.

I know the 360 lower strut won't work on a 750 because I just went out and compared the two and they're completely different dimensions. I'll
contact a local Homelite nut I know as well.
Thanks for your help

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for your help
Just take it to Gus and only Gus at Clydesdale Welding in Mt. Holly. Tell him Jr. sent you from Tabernacle Collision.

He can fix anything but you have to wait for it. He is the best anywhere. I bet now it's slow. He does all our marine or alloy non ferrous welding. I'd have Joey do it for you but he sold his suitcase welder after Lockheed Martin and went back to chemical plants. He stacks dimes on o.o80 food pipes without material added, horizontally. Then the camera goes up the pipe to check for scale. Ain't no fixing it....you replace it.

GL not having to tear it down. Call him first and send pics. He'll let you know what to do and when.

Edit
Btw....don't ask him stupid questions. The guys real smart!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just take it to Gus and only Gus at Clydesdale Welding in Mt. Holly. Tell him Jr. sent you from Tabernacle Collision.

He can fix anything but you have to wait for it. He is the best anywhere. I bet now it's slow. He does all our marine or alloy non ferrous welding. I'd have Joey do it for you but he sold his suitcase welder after Lockheed Martin and went back to chemical plants. He stacks dimes on o.o80 food pipes without material added, horizontally. Then the camera goes up the pipe to check for scale. Ain't no fixing it....you replace it.

GL not having to tear it down. Call him first and send pics. He'll let you know what to do and when.

Edit
Btw....don't ask him stupid questions. The guys real smart!

We have good people here that will have no problem fixing it.

Huskadolmar

Old saw guru
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mt holly is about an hour ish drive not too bad. I think i will try to strike the upper part when i get a few minutes and go from there. If it dont go well i will take a shot at someone else welding it. Its a bit more forgiving there. If it dont pool up for me i will make a template so i can fab up a straight aluminum one to use till i get it back. I am dying to put this saw in some wood.