High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

History of Husqvarna

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I suppose it could be argued Husky didn't really start building good chainsaws until they bought out Jonsereds...

That is very far from what actually happened, for starters Husky never bought Jonsereds, Electrolux bought both Husky, Jonsereds and Partner in 1978 or so (and later many more brands)....

I agree that Jonsereds generally made better saws than Husky did up to about that point - but those saws simply were too expensive to make, so the brand was in deep trouble economically. No saws were made at the Jonsereds factory after 1979, the production first was moved to the Partner factory, and then gradually over to the Husky factory (started in 1982, and by 1987 all Swedish made Jonsered and Partner saws were made at the Husky factory).

Husky didn't own Jonsered before 2006 though, when Husky was cut loose from E-lux again, with all the E-lux OPE brands and factories under it - and started buying up more.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the rifles. Husky had their own actions, fine rifles. They also used FN Mauser actions to build rifles. Again fine rifles. I dang near had a FN actioned Husky in 220 Swift. Then the dang gun shop owner figured out what it was.

Tpagel

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the history lesson. Quite a feat staying in business that long.

She's not fat, just big boned.

Who has a husky firearm? Can't say I've ever seen one. Do they shoot meatballs?

I have a Husqvarna marked 6.5mm x 55 Swedish
The pawn shop owner didn't know what he had in my case

Nitroman

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
On the rifles. Husky had their own actions, fine rifles. They also used FN Mauser actions to build rifles. Again fine rifles. I dang near had a FN actioned Husky in 220 Swift. Then the dang gun shop owner figured out what it was.

Yes, they did make some fine firearms, even since the War. Here is a pre-War Model 146 in 9.3x62mm made on a Mauser 98 action imported just before the War started. A truly amazing round the 9.3. Take a .30'06, neck it up to .366" blow it out, and it will drive a 293gr. bullet at 2490 fps. That is almost identical to a .375 H&H.
Husky_146_bothsides.jpg

exSW

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, they did make some fine firearms, even since the War. Here is a pre-War Model 146 in 9.3x62mm made on a Mauser 98 action imported just before the War started. A truly amazing round the 9.3. Take a .30'06, neck it up to .366" blow it out, and it will drive a 293gr. bullet at 2490 fps. That is almost identical to a .375 H&H.
Husky_146_bothsides.jpg
Sounds a lot like a 35 Whelen to me.

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Snap a pic or two if you don't mind.
I have a 6.5 yugo that was handed down, I believe the gun shop owner KNEW what he had and was happy to part with it.

I'd love to have a husky long gun just for the cool factor, that and they don't make em anymore.
I have a Husqvarna marked 6.5mm x 55 Swedish
The pawn shop owner didn't know what he had in my case

CrufflerJJ

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Who has a husky firearm? Can't say I've ever seen one. Do they shoot meatballs?

I've got a number of Husqvarna firearms built in the 1870's. They're all single shot "rolling block" actions, chambered in 12.7x44R. This cartridge is sort of a heavy duty .50-70, originally loaded using a 345 grain lead bullet over 75 grains of black powder for the Swedish military.

Compared to the current "spray & pray" semi/full-auto weapons, there's a certain elegance to these old rolling block weapons. Pull the hammer back, pull back the rolling block & extract the brass, insert a cartridge, push the block forward, aim & squeeeeze the trigger. One...round...at...a...time.

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very neat. 345 grains of lead probably would do some damage.
I'm with you on the single shot philosophy. I only hunt with bolt action rifles.

Wonder why husky quit making firearms? Sounds like they made some quality pieces back in the day.
I've got a number of Husqvarna firearms built in the 1870's. They're all single shot "rolling block" actions, chambered in 12.7x44R. This cartridge is sort of a heavy duty .50-70, originally loaded using a 345 grain lead bullet over 75 grains of black powder for the Swedish military.

Compared to the current "spray & pray" semi/full-auto weapons, there's a certain elegance to these old rolling block weapons. Pull the hammer back, pull back the rolling block & extract the brass, insert a cartridge, push the block forward, aim & squeeeeze the trigger. One...round...at...a...time.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good golly, this is one fine conversation turning up, gents. I can't almost maintain me composure over the fact though that Pullin' My Poulan and his Dad been sharin' them Queer Beers. I've heard of near beer for the faint of heart, however, I'd not discovered in an unprompted or otherwise fashion that stuff which would make one slug a few homers from both sides da plate.......lest you was a Cubs fan..................

CrufflerJJ

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Some of the spray n pray are more accurate than you may think

Yup. The old rifles are from a different era, just one step up from muzzle loaders. Here's a pic of old school vs newer school. The upper one is more accurate than the bottom one, and my son has enjoyed shooting it since he was about 12 years old.
mp5artycarbine.jpg

The bottom one is my Swedish model 1864-68-85 rolling block Artillery Carbine, chambered in 12.7x44R. You can see one of my reloads for that caliber between the two weapons. With mild (& pressure safe) smokeless powder reloads, the recoil is surprisingly gentle. It's neat to hear the round go off, then later you hear a THUMP as the big bullet whacks into the target backstop.

This artillery carbine's unit disc shows that it was assigned to Pontonierbataljonen -Engineers (Bridge layers, Pontonniers) 2nd company, weapon #63 "P. B. 2 K 63". It has a 1865 dated barrel (originally from a Swedish m/1864 breech loading rifle) built onto a 1875 dated receiver. For more info on the Swede rolling block rifles, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_M1867

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
1:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Not a husky but my favourite shotgun was a Greener G.P.
A martini lever action 12 bore single shot with full choke, surprisingly fast to shoot and with 40g magnum cartridges had good punch on critters.

Had several over/under and side by sides but that old thing felt really special

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

exSW

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Husky rifle thread is to good to die! More!

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
steve mcqueen on the bike?

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Husky_146_bothsides.jpg

I'm sure that will work - but I also am sure that it wasn't the way the 9.3x62 round originally was created - unlike the 35 Whelen.

Last edited:

Ironworker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Arcos knives Spain 1745, there are families in Spain that have been making knives since Rome was in power.

OldJack

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm sure that will work - but I also am sure that it wasn't the way the 9.3x62 round originally was created - unlike the 35 Whelen.

The pace of cartridge development was rapid in the pre-WWI era as everyone was trying to figure out this new-flangled smokeless powder. So Otto Bock either gets some .30-'03 (Not .30-'06) brass or custom orders some stretched 8X57 brass, necks it up and seats the popular 9.3mm bullets in 1905.