High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Hate to say it...

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The reason I ordered the Dominator was because one of my customers who has 4 MMWS 390XPs told me since he switched to Dominator from Husky Silver three years ago, he's not had any bearing failures. When he was using Husky oil, he couldn't get a full season out of a 390XP. He's using it at 40:1
WOW

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have always trusted Schaeffer’s 9000 5w30 in both my GMC pickup and my Wife’s Jeep Patriot with excellent results. I also run Schaeffer’s 7000 15w40 in my built 401 AMC mill stuffed in my CJ5..

That being said, I have always used Stihl Ultra in my saws (mostly because until recently I had been employed at Stihl dealerships and had a healthy discount, and also because of promoting the product).

Now that my discount is gone, I am going to switch to Schaeffer’s 2 cycle oil - but not sure which one yet. Locally I can get a gallon of 7000 for $22 and change, and 9000 for $44 and change... decisions decisions!!

Honestly though, with all of the pictures and research RedBull has posted on here, and TreeMonkey’s words of experience about running 7000 (and yes, I completely believe his claim), I will most likely start using the 7000 TCW3 synthetic blend.

Just my 2 cents.
Stihl ultra and husky oil give me the worst headaches.
But the stihl at 50/1 kept this high use 290
Together since new friends saw.
Carb screen was blocked is what fried it.
Any heavier mix carbons up in the saw's
I've worked on.
Had a few saw's with stuck rings
With husky oil
Don't know why.
I'd still run valvoline 2 cycle but it's hard to find around here.
Friends are still running saw's and lawnboys from the 70's lol
40/120180315_181947.jpg

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stihl ultra and husky oil give me the worst headaches.
But the stihl at 50/1 kept this high use 290
Together since new friends saw.
Carb screen was blocked is what fried it.
Any heavier mix carbons up in the saw's
I've worked on.
Had a few saw's with stuck rings
With husky oil
Don't know why.
I'd still run valvoline 2 cycle but it's hard to find around here.
Friends are still running saw's and lawnboys from the 70's lol
40/1View attachment 117460
Try Walmart. They have it here in auto parts stores, marinas and Wal-Mart's. Gallons are much cheaper. Ran that for years in high winding out boards. It needs to be mixed fat in saws 35-1. 50-1 was dry on the piston. Is the jug still yellow?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone mix oils together?

There was some blue Husqvarna XP oil in the bottom of the squirt jug, it's now on the top after adding Red Armor. Thought it would be purple, but is squirting out pure red oil from the bottom. :confused:

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey fellers,

I was running my brothers 288 today and we had a little surprise that startled us. His muffler is modded with a 1” pipe and these came out of it after only a few cuts. I’ll not be running husky grey bottle oil anymore because of this.

View attachment 117459
OMG TMD's really surprised there were two...

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
1:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Not sure if it means anything but I was dicking around on the internet ages ago looking at whatever crossed my mind and ended up on a diesel forum, they were talking about adding acetone to a diesel tank for more complete combustion, atomization, cleaner burn and low to no smoke emissions. They were also talking about adding 2t oil to the tank as low sulphur diesels lack lubricity compared to older diesel fuels.
Not much of each, as in maybe 60ml acetone and 100ml 2t oil to a 100l tank.

Anyway, I mixed a bit of stihl hp ultra and acetone in 5 litres of fresh diesel and let it sit in a clean diesel can to see what it did.

My fuel can ended up with a skin of dirty brown sludge covering the entire inside of the can, couldn't get rid of it, it must have come from the hp.

Not sure it's relevant but I found it interesting anyway

Roost426

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
From what little bit I have read if you can find or run a diesel that is just 2 or 5% bio it will lubricate better than any additive, I try to fill up at the stations around here that say they have up to 5% instead of the ULSD, I still run additives to though, just because i feel like it!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what little bit I have read if you can find or run a diesel that is just 2 or 5% bio it will lubricate better than any additive, I try to fill up at the stations around here that say they have up to 5% instead of the ULSD, I still run additives to though, just because i feel like it!
LOL! Feels like it’s a crime to not run additives these days. I’ve thought about saying screw it, but then I remember the price of a VP 44 and double the oil Ba ha ha ha ha

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m screwed then, I run TCW-3 2-stroke oil in my 24v Cummins for lubricating the injection pump. 1oz per gallon
I have been running 2 stroke oil in my 2006 Duramax since new. About a 20oz Gatorade bottle per full tank. Winter, summer, fall, spring. [emoji106]