High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Has the 661 been proven like the 066/660?

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
6:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still have no idea why people are scared of it....
To be frank, working in the tree industry...mtronic and auto tune are a blessing. Peak performance all the time in any conditions and at varying altitudes? What more can you really ask of a saw? I love them. I'm going to run my 660 for a bit but down the road I plan on replacing it with the 661, it only makes sense.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still have no idea why people are scared of it....

To be frank, working in the tree industry...mtronic and auto tune are a blessing. Peak performance all the time in any conditions and at varying altitudes? What more can you really ask of a saw? I love them. I'm going to run my 660 for a bit but down the road I plan on replacing it with the 661, it only makes sense.

I wonder if the difference of opinions comes from type of work done. You both are tree service pros not loggers... hmm...

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if the difference of opinions comes from type of work done. You both are tree service pros not loggers... hmm...
I am, I log often. My business does logging, land clearing, residential removals, and firewood :)
I don't think the saw knows the difference
Accurate statement.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am, I log often. My business does logging, land clearing, residential removals, and firewood :)

Accurate statement.

I'm wondering how the mounts/AVs/Springs, bits & pieces like fuel & impulse lines, carbs, filtering, etc compare to an 1122?

Cause those are some big shoes to fill.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Actually i think mtronic gets a bad rap at times because service guys will make a few cuts and shut a saw off because of the nature of the work..intermittent use can make starts kinda funny and not really break the saw in good for guys not up to date on how these saws work and then those guys go talk *s-word and think computer carbs suck.

Every single mtron ive had i waited until i knew i had a huge pile of logs to buck and just went and gave the saw hell for a few tanks cut after cut to set the mtronic and help the rings seat...didnt matter if it was a 201 or 661.

It could be in my head..but...i swear the ones ive broke in that way run better than others that had alot of intermittent use from the start and coincidentally those saws have start issues at times.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually i think mtronic gets a bad rap at times because service guys will make a few cuts and shut a saw off because of the nature of the work..intermittent use can make starts kinda funny and not really break the saw in good for guys not up to date on how these saws work and then those guys go talk *s-word and think computer carbs suck.

Every single mtron ive had i waited until i knew i had a huge pile of logs to buck and just went and gave the saw hell for a few tanks cut after cut to set the mtronic and help the rings seat...didnt matter if it was a 201 or 661.

It could be in my head..but...i swear the ones ive broke in that way run better than others that had alot of intermittent use from the start and coincidentally those saws have start issues at times.

You could be on to something. That was one of the reason I wanted Scott and Julian to run the piss out of my 261 before sending it back.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You could be on to something. That was one of the reason I wanted Scott and Julian to run the piss out of my 261 before sending it back.

My mtrons got no mercy when i broke them in..i started them and let them warm up for a minute or so and then ran the piss out of em' balls deep tank after tank and i swear they run better...i had a *s-wordty coil from the factory on a 362 but that could have been on a standard carb too..people look to far into this *s-word..

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to speculate there is another reason. I'll bet their mix is not consistent. When I got my 362-C back from Randy and I ran a different oil at 40:1 (he was using 32:1 at the time) it played havoc with the saw for a while.

M-Tronic learns/memorizes things. If you change the darn mix every time, I'll bet it goes spastic! I think that is likely part of the problem.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm going to speculate there is another reason. I'll bet their mix is not consistent. When I got my 362-C back from Randy and I ran a different oil at 40:1 (he was using 32:1 at the time) it played havoc with the saw for a while.

M-Tronic learns/memorizes things. If you change the darn mix every time, I'll bet it goes spastic! I think that is likely part of the problem.

Ive tried 4 oils in my 241..no change.

Might have been elevation or weather.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to know more about this. This is the first i've heard that it would have a new version of MTronic.

I picked that up in one of the attachments someone posted. Had not heard about it previously, so it stuck in my mind.

Manofstihl066

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I don't pet mine either, I hear the mtronic will learn and remember how it's operated. So if u often baby the saw, it won't run at its full potential after the next start.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any auto tuning saw I have gotten I also flog for an extended period to get it good and tuned in.
I'm wondering how the mounts/AVs/Springs, bits & pieces like fuel & impulse lines, carbs, filtering, etc compare to an 1122?

Cause those are some big shoes to fill.
We will have to see with time

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to know more about this. This is the first i've heard that it would have a new version of MTronic.

Brad, this is in the 462 thread, post 200:

Stihl M-tronic 2.0
MS 462 is the first chainsaw from Stihl equipped with the newest version of M-tronic, 2.0. This new software for controlling the carburetor will, according to Stihl, give a lot of benefits, one of them being that the chainsaw will perform equally regardless of height above sea level.