Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't excessive bends create "memory" in the steel?

Hanging it on the wall is sure to cause bad memory's. Surely TM has plenty of experience in this realm, I would let him have a go at it. Lot of the old time shops straightened bars all the time, back when people fixed things instead of buying new.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
4:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it's gonna be a long winter, @Struggle could cut it in half at the bend; trace the tail and RSN profiles on the cut ends; cut those out with a Dremel tool, and end up with 2, short, lightweight bars!

Seriously, I have heard that the laminated bars are much harder to straighten than solid, milled bars. But you have little to lose. And if @tree monkey is offering to help . . .

Philbert

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it makes you feel any better, when I fu**** up with my 044 and the tree pinched the bar it pulled the whole saw into the tree and I had to get a new tank handle, top handle, etc. The chain cover is still cracked, that is how I know it is mine!

That said, I hope you are able to fix that bar.

As my Dad used to say, "Show me the guy who has never made a mistake and I'll show you the guy who does not get out of bed in the morning ... and he is making the biggest mistake of all."

Best of Luck with it.