Fun cutting firewood

Thesandman

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Moderators please move this to correct place. I've cut firewood for over 40 years. A lot of it was work I put off and didn't care for. Since I joined OPE it's become much more enjoyable. First off a good running and easy starting saw with a sharp chain is required. Second is if you cut with others it's good to have a saw that cuts better than theirs and you don't mind showing them. LOL. It makes the day go by better. I still haven't made the loading and stacking part better. If I lived closer to Pullman I could invite EJ and his rig over HA HA. Man that thing was sweet. Thanks OPE for lightening my load. Ya changed tools(saws) to toys.

Last edited:

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a buddy come over yesterday morning to cut and split some fire pit wood for him. I told him I’d cut while he ran my splitter. I think he was a little scared of the 462 lol. My wife laughed as I was wearing jeans and steel toe boots and he showed up in gym shorts and athletic shoes. He definitely isn’t a wood guy.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Always have Jean's and steel toe boots. Have been known to leave the shirt on the tractor seat. If it's over 80 I'd rather leave the saws in the shed.

Amen. If it's over 80 here...it's a gonna be super duper muggy and crazy humid. In that case, I come inside and read the threads on OPE about our Up North brothers cutting wood in the 30/40 degree temps!!:):campeon:

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d rather deal with the heat and humidity vs living in the great white north.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll pass on both of them and just cut when the temps are pleasant, but then again I'm cutting for fun and not a necessity.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Amen. If it's over 80 here...it's a gonna be super duper muggy and crazy humid. In that case, I come inside and read the threads on OPE about our Up North brothers cutting wood in the 30/40 degree temps!!:):campeon:
I try to stay away from doing anything with the wood pile unless it’s under 50f. There’s too cold, under 20f too. Nothing like a long sleeve shirt or couple of them and bustinass on the wood pile. No yellowjackbastards to deal with, a little sweat going, and a cold breeze !!!

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I try to stay away from doing anything with the wood pile unless it’s under 50f. There’s too cold, under 20f too. Nothing like a long sleeve shirt or couple of them and bustinass on the wood pile. No yellowjackbastards to deal with, a little sweat going, and a cold breeze !!!
PXL_20220924_173620924.PORTRAIT.jpgThese guys where about ten feet from my racks all summer. Won't have a yellow jacket problem with a bald face nest around.

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
6:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
No joke, there. I got zapped on the ear by a yellow jacket last week bucking up some aspen and it still itches. Hurt like hell when it got me. Useless little a-holes that serve no purpose.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got hit by them bald faced sunzabitches earlier this summer, got rid of them nests as night fell.

I'll take a half dozen yellow jackets over a bald faced hornet any day

Evan03

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Were facing rain and snow this coming weekend running behind on wood as usual

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
got i.5" dusting yesterday morning of whites stuff with 45 mph winds . ground still fairly warm so melting but with wind freezing back down - black ice, not my cup of tea to drive on.