Trader history (0)

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
4:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought this saw several years ago as a runner. When it arrived, crank bearings were noisy so I shelved it til I got around to it. Finally made time recently.

It is a fairly original short case saw. Same era as redlight, and originally had a cdic coil, but was not a red light. Saw was split, cleaned and everything checked. New oem bearings, seals, gasket kit, fuel line and filter. Meteor piston/rings, Walbro wj76? carb, and a few other trivial bits. Has original mahle non decomp jug, dual port muffler (repainted) and updated 200t style tank vent. No porting or machine work was done to the jug. Saw was not scored, just replaced piston since it was apart and original was starting to wear. Currently has a new take-off coil from a 461. The saw sounded good and ran fine unloaded with the original coil, but would fall on its face when loaded. I ran shy of 2 tanks through it noodling with a 28” and 8t w/full skip. Saw cuts well, oils, has good torque and well mannered. Only negatives to the saw would be one recoil screw was replaced with a thread forming screw from a plastic case saw like a 290. It holds well so I left it alone. Also has an aftermarket starter handle and rope. It’s not a beautiful shelf queen, but it’s a nice work saw.

Selling PHO.

Asking $ 600 plus actual shipping. Losing money and lots of time at this already :(

Thanks fellas.

49628BD2-5B2A-4DB8-99AC-F59EDF2694F4.jpeg 5B5E86E6-2814-458A-82DE-9099FF61DED2.jpeg

05B16200-3FD8-489E-96E2-DBE614001E08.jpeg
A2E90282-91EA-4F97-AB32-9251204F8DDC.jpeg A6D1256C-E3EB-42A3-A35B-750AC9AA79B4.jpeg

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Is there a difference between the 066 and 066 Magnum?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is there a difference between the 066 and 066 Magnum?
Ask @Definitive Dave he has the info and the thread links. He is not like us near mortals :worship2:
:wave1:
I have seen 660 Magnums and 066 Flatop Mags with a tiny hole single port muffler but that said....they also had baffle cages in the can so....I'm betting the mufflers were replaced with the cheapest OE available at the time.

Looks like a sticker to me :nusenuse:

It should at the very least be a no decomp dual port muffler saw imo to be called a true Magnum. Most saws of that 1122 series built by user's here and builders will crush a stock 066 Flatop Magnum so, no worries. 660's need some help like modern 880's to really shine. So many tricks and swaps. I need an 088 boot and carb for one of my 660's. That should do it. Have to get my 1050's first. Things been too tight of late.

My 066 runs too good to take apart the saw at this time. Flattop with plugged decomp. Came that way with the jug on it still, in a box with some parts removed from the pto and a broken starter spool. The oil pump was bagged and seized. It is a very late 066 as Dave tells me. Last of the metal flywheel. Metal carb box with a plastic air filter cover. HD filter. Had to pull the gasket for a newer filter. Came with the old metal one. Muffler was a a joke....hacked and trashed. Popped on a newer gutted Hyway DP with baffle delete. The timing was already 1/3 key advanced. No Mag sticker :(

Edit: my stock 660 DP muffler could never catch that 66

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ask @Definitive Dave he has the info and the thread links. He is not like us near mortals :worship2:
:wave1:
I have seen 660 Magnums and 066 Flatop Mags with a tiny hole single port muffler but that said....they also had baffle cages in the can so....I'm betting the mufflers were replaced with the cheapest OE available at the time.

Looks like a sticker to me :nusenuse:

It should at the very least be a no decomp dual port muffler saw imo to be called a true Magnum. Most saws of that 1122 series built by user's here and builders will crush a stock 066 Flatop Magnum so, no worries. 660's need some help like modern 880's to really shine. So many tricks and swaps. I need an 088 boot and carb for one of my 660's. That should do it. Have to get my 1050's first. Things been too tight of late.

My 066 runs too good to take apart the saw at this time. Flattop with plugged decomp. Came that way with the jug on it still, in a box with some parts removed from the pto and a broken starter spool. The oil pump was bagged and seized. It is a very late 066 as Dave tells me. Last of the metal flywheel. Metal carb box with a plastic air filter cover. HD filter. Had to pull the gasket for a newer filter. Came with the old metal one. Muffler was a a joke....hacked and trashed. Popped on a newer gutted Hyway DP with baffle delete. The timing was already 1/3 key advanced. No Mag sticker :(

Edit: my stock 660 DP muffler could never catch that 66
fake-news-makeameme-org-fake-news-donald-trump-make-50299488.png