High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

first build with what I have...

sonoransaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I think it’s gonna run nice once tuned well and has a good chain. Nice work!

The sandals made me giggle lol. Was thinking I wish I could wear sandals in the winter then I remembered you’re in Arizona

Ha... if I can avoid shoes I do, but I'm not comfortable running a chainsaw in flipflops. I've hit my shoe a few times. Don't wanna be losin a toe.... :) But yeah, it was t-shirt weather today...

Sounds healthy!

Thanks TXWelder.... you're hittin a home run over there with your build....

So I checked compression on this little guy and it was 160... Better than when I started somehow. And I'm happy...

0puloAt.jpg

Ran out to the store and got a bar and chain. No stoppin me now...

5SasdoC.jpg

It's not a big bore pro saw, but it's a sweet little machine.... I'm happy with how it came out.

r6hw2X9.jpg

I guess that's it for this adventure.... Thanks again everyone who helped me, especially XPSlinger. You're a real bro, man... When I get a pro saw to play with...whew, it'll feel good. And I'll know my way around a little anyway...

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
2:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ha... if I can avoid shoes I do, but I'm not comfortable running a chainsaw in flipflops. I've hit my shoe a few times. Don't wanna be losin a toe.... :) But yeah, it was t-shirt weather today...

So I checked compression on this little guy and it was 160... Better than when I started somehow. And I'm happy...

0puloAt.jpg

5SasdoC.jpg

It's not a big bore pro saw, but it's a sweet little machine.... I'm happy with how it came out.

r6hw2X9.jpg

I guess that's it for this adventure.... Thanks again everyone who helped me, especially XPSlinger. You're a real bro, man... When I get a pro saw to play with...whew, it'll feel good. And I'll know my way around a little anyway...
Cutting much better. Again nice work man. Doesn’t matter that it’s not a bigger pro saw, gains are gains and the knowledge you acquired in the process is invaluable. Looking forward to your next project

:beer-toast1:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
7:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeh the first cut was from the wrong side :eeek::eyepop::facepalm:
I

I thinking you know why, cos you changed sides with the second cut. And didn’t have your foot/leg behind the saw...:nusee:

sonoransaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I try not to wear flipflops for chainsawing most of the time, but hey I grew up in a rainforest and shoes and me have never got along too well....

Cutting much better. Again nice work man. Doesn’t matter that it’s not a bigger pro saw, gains are gains and the knowledge you acquired in the process is invaluable. Looking forward to your next project

:beer-toast1:

Thanks, man!

So I've been running the saw a bunch and I just had this nagging feeling that I could get more out of it, but it wouldn't come to me how that could happen.

All the sudden it popped into my head. I've read way more than is good for me on chainsaws and most of it is beyond my experience, but it's there rattling around in the back of my brain. I remembered reading about people making marks for the timing and how sometimes the timing needs more careful adjustment. I had just filed the key and stuck it in as advanced as I could. It came to me that maybe that could be where I might get a little more performance. So I did that. I ran it this morning and it definitely seemed better. I had advanced it too much. I'll probably keep messing with it to try finding that sweet spot. Good chainsaw lesson to learn....

PWuk57J.jpg

Spark plug color seems good to my novice eye...

rUNjBR8.jpg

Last edited:

KennyWinCT

Kens Small Engines
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

0puloAt.jpg

5SasdoC.jpg

r6hw2X9.jpg

LOVE the Safety Sandals!!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I try not to wear flipflops for chainsawing most of the time, but hey I grew up in a rainforest and shoes and me have never got along too well....

Thanks, man!

So I've been running the saw a bunch and I just had this nagging feeling that I could get more out of it, but it wouldn't come to me how that could happen.

All the sudden it popped into my head. I've read way more than than is good for me on chainsaws and most of it is beyond my experience, but it's there rattling around in the back of my brain. I remembered reading about people making marks for the timing and how sometimes the timing needs more careful adjustment. I had just filed the key and stuck it in as advanced as I could. It came to me that maybe that could be where I might get a little more performance. So I did that. I ran it this morning and it definitely seemed better. I had advanced it too much. I'll probably keep messing with it to try finding that optimal spot. Good chainsaw lesson to learn....

PWuk57J.jpg

Spark plug color seems good to my novice eye...

rUNjBR8.jpg
You my friend are hooked...welcome to the club:)