Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ran across this while cruising you tube. Anyone have anything similar they have made or use?

discuss.
Interesting. I would definitely have an adjustable jig set up for firewood length.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here you go, I like this for the small stuff.
http://www.wimp.com/a-clever-way-of-using-a-chainsaw-to-cut-wood/
I've always wanted to make a cable operated lift for a husky 22 ton as I sell quite a few of them. It would operate much the same way as the one above off the reverse stroke of the cylinder and the tray would attach using the holes on the beam that are for a log tray/table. the lift would also act as a log tray/table to hold the half split when you are not splitting larger logs. Everything would be removable quickly so I could sell the splitter any time I wanted. I would just sell it and make a couple bucks extra if I could, but most people I talk to want things as cheap as possible.
I use the bucket of my tractor as a log lift now and as a tray to hold the pieces I have noodled/quartered. I like to split medium/large rounds as well as smaller ones right off the back of my trailer so I am already half way to the splitter. I can lift the largest piece you can put onto the splitter from the trailer to the splitter, but not from the ground onto the splitter. I can also use the bucket of my tractor to stack all the splits into to bring to my woodshed also eliminating one more step in processing. I built my woodshed 16x24 with two 6' bays one on each side and a 12' one for my tractor in the center. I can easily come into it at an angle to unload wood within 4-5' from where it will be stacked.
These are just a few of the places I make up for not having a saw that will cut an 18" log in 8 seconds LOL.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Betcha he has zero hearing.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So how does he get it out?

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
its is either 3 sided at the bottom or has a opening on one of the sides.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
seems like it would fight to get it out bit cool none the less. @bryanr2 are you a fellow nightshifter?

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
seems like it would fight to get it out bit cool none the less. @bryanr2 are you a fellow nightshifter?
No. I own a trucking company and haul oversize loads. Ive taken the week off cause the kids are out of school and I wanted to spend the time with them. In the middle of a remodel in my sons room. Took it down to the studs so I could insulate the walls correctly this week. Drywalls up and most of the mudding is done. Need to sand and we should be ready for paint. I can't sleep when there is something to do.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see and when it come to dry wall thank goodness for texture finishes lol