Everyday day man's tree work and cutting thread

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Norm, was that redwood part of a codominant tree? Is there a still a stem standing?
There was a cluster of em. This one was to the left of those. We cut from the road, pictured my friend cutting the block out face. Those two were joined with a union. This one may have been joined to them at one point root wise. But the roots on this one were not good no real good root system left in it. I'm think someone dug through it at one point to put water lines or something in. Hard to say
But not what we expect or normally see for roots on a tree like this.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then we flopped the spar.
IMG_2040.jpeg
IMG_2046.jpegIMG_2054.jpegIMG_2055.jpegIMG_2059.jpeg

The day ended badly. One of the team had the 395 kick back into his leg. Tourniquet, ambulance, ER. I can’t believe what awesome people I work with. Everyone was super professional, calm and effective. Luckily he got out tonight with only a nasty cut. He’ll probably be climbing again in a few weeks.

Wear your chaps people. Accidents happen.

Last edited:

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 419741
View attachment 419742View attachment 419743View attachment 419744View attachment 419745

The day ended badly. One of the team had the 395 kick back into his leg. Tourniquet, ambulance, ER. I can’t believe what awesome people I work with. Everyone was super professional, calm and effective. Luckily he got out tonight with only a nasty cut. He’ll probably be climbing again in a few weeks.

Awesome work. Big wood! Sorry about the one guy glad he's ok. What's a Crane run for the day there? 30k here

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
6’ on the stump?

How’d it kick back? Tip or backchain grab?

I didn’t see it happen. I think it was a tip grab.

Awesome work. Big wood! Sorry about the one guy glad he's ok. What's a Crane run for the day there? 30k here

Nothing like that. We’ve got a good deal with the crane company. The 55 ton is $300/hr. We pay for drive time and fuel. This one was 6.5hrs. Roughly $2k. The bigger cranes cost a lot more. We use the 90 and 115ton quite a bit.

Our trees aren’t very tall, so we don’t need the big guns. The 55ton only reaches 110’ radius.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 419741
View attachment 419742View attachment 419743View attachment 419744View attachment 419745

Danm , hate to hear about your fella! I'm glad he's good.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Danm , hate to hear about your fella! I'm glad he's good.

Thanks.
He had us scared. He was scared. It makes me a little sick remembering it. Luckily the ambulance was less than a minute away and the cut wasn’t too deep.

I can’t recommend chainsaw pants enough.

chiselbit

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks.
He had us scared. He was scared. It makes me a little sick remembering it. Luckily the ambulance was less than a minute away and the cut wasn’t too deep.

I can’t recommend chainsaw pants enough.
He did not have any? Or he did and still got cut just not as bad as it could have been?

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What pants you boys recommend? Do they stand up to briars?
I wear the Clogger Denim’s logging and they are great. Very durable. Wear them everyday and wash about once a week. They are finally looking tired after 3 seasons… I’m talking Fall/Winter logging. I like the Clogger Defender’s for summer cutting. They have leg vents.