High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo engineers copy husqvarna

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Talked to one tree fellow I know and he said he tried and didn't like the curved handle/ throttle on the Echo compared to his Stihl 4 mix which he's constantly having running issues with . Said the Echo was a fair bit heavier too which it may be , I've never compared .
Poles saws are tricky to use and you have to give how you plan to cut some thought as well as having an escape route to get out of the way sometimes but they sure are better than using a ladder if you've ever watched some of the chainsaw fail vids on youtube where using a ladder ends up bad :ambulance::hollering:

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
3:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like my ppt266. Not too fond of the D-handle either, but like any other echo it is reliable and has plenty of power. Have a 14" bar on mine for just a hair more reach.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess im odd, i actually prefer the d-handle. Its a touch awkward occasionally getting ur hand over the presence lever but its a minor issue.

Xtr3me

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a question for those of you experienced with pole saws. I picked up a brand new Echo PAS-266 with string-line trimmer attachment from a fellow off of CL for $125 on Christmas Eve. It was a gift for Christmas but he already had a Stihl trimmer.

I am in the market for a pole saw. Would I be better off passing the PAS forward and purchasing a dedicated pole saw or would it be beneficial to just purchase the pruner attachment

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a question for those of you experienced with pole saws. I picked up a brand new Echo PAS-266 with string-line trimmer attachment from a fellow off of CL for $125 on Christmas Eve. It was a gift for Christmas but he already had a Stihl trimmer.

I am in the market for a pole saw. Would I be better off passing the PAS forward and purchasing a dedicated pole saw or would it be beneficial to just purchase the pruner attachment

I would personally get the pruner attachment because you have the option to get an edger, hedge trimmers, power broom, etc... as well.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

If you are only doing thinning and clean up within ten feet of terra firma, then just buy the attachment.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I have the echo pas system and it has been great for me.you got a steal on it at that price.i paid allmost 200 for powerhead 99 each for straight shaft weed eater and edger head. I paid 149 for power pruner attatchment and 49 for the 3 ft extension. Its been a great reliable unit. Im a stihl chainsaw man. But im not a fan of 4 mix. Echo. String and hedge trimmers,edgers blowers are great products. Id keep it if i were you

heritageguy20051

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You got a great deal! Keep it and buy the attachment. The blower attachment works good too.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Xtr3me

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the feedback, very much needed, as my only experience with Echo has been a PB250 hand held blower that the coil crapped out on and the price of a new coil was a shocker. For $40 more than the asking price of the coil I could buy a new blower. So, been shy of Echo ever since.

I guess after the Holidays I will go check out the local Echo dealer and purchase a pruner and extension.

I got a kick out of the video below that I ran across while searching all available attachments

Xtr3me

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You got a great deal! Keep it and buy the attachment. The blower attachment works good too.

How awkward is the blower attachment and how well does it stack up against a hand held blower. Is it strong enough to blow leaves from the lawn?

heritageguy20051

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How awkward is the blower attachment and how well does it stack up against a hand held blower. Is it strong enough to blow leaves from the lawn?
I don't find it awkward at all. I have a nylon strap on mine so most of the weight is on my shoulders. The front handle makes it very maneuverable. I like it better than a hand-held. Also has plenty of power.

heritageguy20051

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks to all for the feedback, very much needed, as my only experience with Echo has been a PB250 hand held blower that the coil crapped out on and the price of a new coil was a shocker. For $40 more than the asking price of the coil I could buy a new blower. So, been shy of Echo ever since.

I guess after the Holidays I will go check out the local Echo dealer and purchase a pruner and extension.

I got a kick out of the video below that I ran across while searching all available attachments

I have 4 Echo saws, hedge trimmer, string trimmer and the PAS 266. All have been flawless. Never even had to change a plug. Keep them tuned right and they'll run forever. Easiest starting equipment I've ever owned.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had a PPT 260 and loved it and never fell over. ;) :risas3:

Been telling guys they better get those PPT 280 before their gone like the wind. Might only be left with those newer ones.

Heck Nate told me same thing when buying a PAS to get the 280 so I did. ;)

Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

:campeon: