Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got around that problem Dub11 mentioned with indentations (blind holes) that I drill into the adapter for clearance. Good hardwood works but it does wear after awhile. So I usually make two or three at a time. You can also see the blind holes for the outside cover in the Pic. I may try Dub11/'s mounting idea. That never dawned on me.

I've always thought that my CS-670 will run even with a Stihl 046 Mag, and my friend's CS-8000 that I restored last spring can easily run with my MS660. Echo makes some good big saws. That's MHO.

It ain't my idea, I was just informed of its proper usage after mentioning it to Mike one time. Kind of felt dumb afterwards lol.

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I sit over a cracked cs-8000 piston (I was trying to remove the dome from it) I was wandering if a 372 cylinder would easily interchange with this cylinder.

:hanged:

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No. 395 is the closest.
But a lot of other stuff to get that to work.

Guess I'll not try That.

I see the older 8000 appear to have a flat top piston wonder if the height is the same.

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure. I did read somewhere that there is a replacement cylinder and piston kit from Echo that looks better and was for the older saw. It may have been here, or another forum. The guys talking about it kinda implied that Echo was not going to restock the old part number when they ran out. But, who knows for sure...

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure. I did read somewhere that there is a replacement cylinder and piston kit from Echo that looks better and was for the older saw. It may have been here, or another forum. The guys talking about it kinda implied that Echo was not going to restock the old part number when they ran out. But, who knows for sure...
The quad port cylinder and dome piston are the later model pieces. Same design as the 800p.

Iooks like one of the aftermarket piston options are flat top.

I'll have to check the scored one I have to see if the compression heights are similar between the two.

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would like more information on the after market piston. It sounds like what I am looking for. Do you know the name brand?

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look like it will work?

Yes, I believe it will. I have not had time to mess with it. Just eye balling the piston, it looks like it is a little shorter that the one I had. I've got a lot of other things happening right now that prevent me from working on that saw. I think it will work fine, need to double check my numbers with this piston.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
8:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I brought out my Echo CS-670 today because the weather was very nice. I mounted a 30" bar on board in order to give it a challenge. Bucked some big elm logs into 18" lengths and then noodled them all into quarters.

This saw performed like a champion. I have no complaints. I imagine that a CS-8000 would have been even more impressive. Two thumbs up on these saws.
:beer-toast1: